Leslie's Review: Entwined by Heather Dixon

entwined ARC: 474 pages
Publisher: Harper Collins

Release Date: March 29, 2011 (today!)
ISBN:
9780062001030
Source of my copy: publisher
Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it. The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest. But there is a cost. The Keeper likes to keep things. Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.


Leslie's Review:
With such a pretty cover, I had some really high expectations for this book--and they were more than met when I had finally read it. Entwined is a fairytale retelling (by the way, my favorite genre) about Azalea and her sisters discovering a magical, mysterious silver forest where they can dance and escape from the sadness and grief of their father, the King, and the palace. The silver forest is under the care of a handsome but mysterious Keeper who has given the girls the privilege to dance in the forest every night. But as time goes by, the girls begin to sense the danger they have put themselves in as Keeper tightens his hold on them with deadly purpose.

Doesn't that sound great? And it absolutely was! I really enjoyed reading this book so much that I couldn't wait to get back to reading it whenever I had to put it down to do something. The plot was well-paced, suspenseful and excellent that I'd find myself skimming ahead because I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. The writing was wonderful, easy to understand, and depicted the different characters' personalities very well. As I read, I grew to love and care for all of Azalea's sisters and admired how Azalea was such a good, caring, strong and brave main character and older sister. The other characters were also vivid and fantastic (even the antagonist) that I just wasn't ready to leave all of them after I finished the book. I couldn't help but wish the book was longer but instead I just reread my favorite parts to prolong my time with them and the book itself--it was that good.

Being the romantic I am, one of my favorite aspects of this book were the different couples being made throughout the book. I don't want to spoil anything to you about who will be with who, but I will tell you that not just Azalea will have a hero but a couple of her sisters will too. I loved watching the different love matches and how each person showed their love to the other in their own sweet and surprising way. I rooted for all the couples in this book.

This book had everything--a suspenseful plot, amazing characters, sweet romance and above all great writing. Don't hesitate to pick it up and read it! 5 out of 5 stars

3 comments

  1. Sounds great; I just started this and I'm already loving it. I thought I'd be overwhelmed by the twelve princesses but so far I've been able to keep them straight and I can't wait to meet the other heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it's good lol. I've always thought the cover was beauitful, but just haven't gotten to it in my TBR pile. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you loved this one .. I'm even more excited about it now !!
    Thanks for the review Leslie !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.