Book Video of the Week: Abandon by Meg Cabot

The book video of the week is Abandon by Meg Cabot.

I am really excited about this book, so much that I even pre-ordered a copy. This book is based on the Greek myth about Hades and Persephone, which I love. I notice a lot of young adult books coming out are also based on this story but Abandon is the one I'm truly excited for. This is also going to be my first Meg Cabot book since the Princess Diaries series.

Here's the trailer:


Hmm... I'm not a huge fan trailer though. I like the little narration but the voice or the tone of the narrator... She just doesn't sound natural, if that makes sense. They can never seem to get the narrator right in book videos. Not sure about the actress and actor either but I do like the images they used.

Let me know what you all think of the trailer. If you already read the book, what did you think of it?

And here's the blurb (from Goodreads) and book cover:
abandon
New from #1 New York Times bestselling author Meg Cabot, a dark, fantastical story about this world . . . and the underworld.

Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.

5 comments

  1. I saw this one. It's a reallllllly good trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome trailer!! I am so excited to read this book!! How much longer??? Gah! :)~

    ReplyDelete
  3. While the trailer doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles I think it gives enough to raise curiosity about the book and when you are Meg Cabot I think you don't need flashy. I am really excited about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to look into this book more now! This sounds like a really great book and is making its way onto my TBR List :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great trailer! I love Meg Cabot and cannot wait to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.