Book I Covet: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Why I covet this book: I absolutely LOVED Anna and the French Kiss. So much so that I can't even review the book (and believe me I've tried many times--but it's was so hard to string together words that describe its incredible-ness--but believe me, it's that GOOD). Lola and the Boy Next Door is the companion and it sounds as awesome as Anna. And she falls in love with the boy next door who is described in the blurb as an inventor and engineer who steps out from his sister's shadow...

I'm thinking Cricket's a nerdy, sweet, shy guy. My kind of guy. **swoon** What do you guys think?


lolaLola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (out September 29, 2011)
In this companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, two teens discover that true love may be closer than they think.

For budding costume designer Lola Nolan, the more outrageous, the outfit—more sparkly, more fun, more wild—the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins move back into the house next door.

When the family returns and Cricket—a gifted inventor and engineer—steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.



For more info about the Lola and the Boy Next Door, visit the author's website and Goodreads. What are you waiting for? Add it to your wish list! :D




"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

15 comments

  1. I loved Anna and the French Kiss, so, of course, I can't wait to read this one !!! I love Stephanie's writing ans St Clair was such a sweetheart !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice. I loved Anna and the French Kiss but I think I might end up loving this one even more.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought Anna and the French Kiss, but have heard great things about it. I'm sure this one will be great as well. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog Im following you now :) I havent read Ann and the French Kiss but it sounds sooo good, guess Im adding two more to my list of TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read either of these...but I will definitely be checking them out soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna and the French Kiss was amazing, so I have to read this! I know it'll be just as good, so I can't wait :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for Lola and the Boy Next Door! I couldn't write a review for Anna and the French Kiss, either, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this one, too! I still haven't read Anna and the French Kiss, unfortunately, but am planning to as soon as I don't have 20 books out of the library! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying my hardest to get a hold of a copy of Anna and the French Kiss. I may just suck it up and buy it since I hear so many awesome things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked Anna and the French Kiss as well. I didn't realize there was going to be a companion novel! Now I have one more book to add to my list. :)

    Isn't it funny how the best books are the hardest to review? It's like it's so good all words escape you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Anna and the French kiss yet but I'll definitely check into that and this book too. This book sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed ANNA so I am definitely going to be keeping an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought Anna and the French Kiss recently, and I'm really looking forward to reading it! Lola sounds pretty great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't say that I'm really a fan of this subgenre of YA, but if you're excited for it, that's great! We all have our different WoWs. :)

    Thank you for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.