Friday, February 25, 2011

ghayes ARC: 324 pages
Publisher: Penguin

Release Date: March 1, 2011
ISBN:
9780451232687
Source of my copy: publisher
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.
As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.
And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.


Leslie's Review:
From the blurb, Falling Under sounds like your typical Fallen/Twilight paranormal young adult. While I thought those books were okay I didn't particularly care to re-read them again or continue on with the series. Falling Under was pretty much a mix of Fallen and Twilight but it was so MUCH better. It's a WOW of a book.

For the most part, I really liked Falling Under because I really related with the heroine Theia. We both live a sheltered life as shy, good girls. I never thought that shy good girls like us could be good-heroine material so I was surprised that Theia turned out to be one. Throughout the book I watched her become braver, stronger and more stubborn but still she stayed true to her good and caring self. I loved how Theia would get so annoyed with Haden (the love interest) half the time as she should because he was one of those hot and cold types--it made her less damsel-helplessly-in-love. I don't know... there's just something about these kind of heroes that you love to hate but end up falling for anyway. I rooted for these two and they have become one of my favorite hero and heroine in YA fiction.

I will admit that the plot was predictable at times but it never took away from the joy I had reading it. The plot, characters and the writing were great and exciting that I'd get so into it and couldn't put the book down. This book is awesome! It's a must-read for Twilight, Fallen and all paranormal young adult fans. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. 5 out of 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for review-- I actually just finished last night and flew through it.
    Although some was a bit predictable, other plot lines I had no idea what exactly was going on and how they were going to deal with it.
    And I still don't get the appeal of Mike either.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great review Leslie. I love how you related to the character and loved the book. Sometimes even if a plot is predictable, I still love it because the characters and the writing is so well done. Sounds as if Falling Under falls under this category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, hey....I'm giving away the arc of DIVERGENT I won on Veronica's blog if you're still interested! The book is awesome!

    http://freckle-head.blogspot.com/2011/02/arc-contest-divergent.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.