If you like fairytale retelling...

...we recommend:

annafrenchkiss Beastly by Alex Flinn
After embarrassing a girl in his English class, arrogant Kyle Kingsbury was turned into a beast by the girl herself who was actually a witch. Now Kyle must learn to love someone and earn their love back or he will stay beastly forever. This book is a retelling of the classic fairytale Beauty and the Beast and it will make you believe in second chances and fall in love with the beast all over again. A thoroughly this well-written and charming novel.
-Leslie





ellaenchanted Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Based on the fairytale classic Cinderella, Ella was given the gift curse of obedience at birth and must obey everything everyone tells her to do. But when her mom suddenly dies leaving her in the care of her father's new wife and her awful daughters, Ella must find a way to break the curse. Fairytale creatures galore, a charming prince and wonderful setting combine tell this humor-filled story. I've read and reread this book since I discovered it in middle school so many times that I lost count. I absolutely LOVE this book and it's one of my all-time favorites. If you haven't read it already, you're missing out.
-Michelle
P.S. Skip the movie and read the book.


dairyqueenThe Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Naive Ani has been betrayed by her own lady-in-waiting and is now running away for her life. Lost and helpless, Ani had to disguise herself as a goose girl at the Bayern palace. Will she be able to convince the king that she's really the princess and claim her rightful place on the throne once again? An enchanting fairytale retelling. This is my all-time favorite book (besides the Harry Potter series and that's saying something) and know you will enjoy it too.
-Leslie




Do you have a favorite fairytale retelling?



"If you like... we recommend" is a new feature we are going to do here on Michelle and Leslie's Book Picks. We are always looking for book recommendations from friends and bloggers and often scour through book blogs, Goodreads and Amazon for new reads. We know we are not the only ones. These posts will feature some of our favorite books that we feel good recommending to fellow readers. We hope you'll find them a little bit helpful.

Look for these future posts:
If you like nice guy heroes...
If you like love triangles...
If you like romantic comedy YA...
If you like YA historical fiction...

5 comments

  1. I agree. I love Beastly :) and Shannon Hale is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Juju- loved Beastly and anything Hale writes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lists and book recs. I did one for twilight earlier, and am thinking about doing more eventually :)

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog
    Loving the Reviews Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading fairy tale retellings and have had Good Girl and Beastly on my wishlist. I've already read Ella Enchanted and really enjoyed it.
    One of my favorite retellings is Juliet Mariller's Daughter of the Forest. I also love read different versions of Robin Hood stories, though I'm not sure if that counts as a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beastly is one of my favorite retellings, and I also like A Kiss in Time by Flinn. Ella Enchanted was the first retelling I ever read, and continue to read any new ones that come out. Great post girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.