Thursday, February 10, 2011

I haven't done one of these posts in a while because I haven't found a book trailer where I got really excited about the book the book trailer is advertising.

Until I found the trailer for Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King that is.

I first heard of Please Ignore Vera Dietz a few months ago when reviews started to pop up around the blogosphere. I pretty much ignored them all because when I saw that yellow green cover with a lighter I was turned off and was convinced it wasn't a book I'd like.

Then I saw the trailer, replayed it a bunch of time and fell in love with the blurb (and I'm assuming it's a blurb from the book itself) from the video just a little bit more each time. I think I'm going to like Vera's character and her voice in the book very much.

Okay, enough yapping from me. Here's the trailer:


Let me know what you all think of the trailer. If you read the book, what did you think of it?


And here's the blurb (from Goodreads) and book cover:
oncewaslost
Vera’s spent her whole life secretly in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she’s kept a lot of his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined everything.

So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, even the police. But will she emerge to clear his name? Does she even want to?

Edgy and gripping, Please Ignore Vera Dietz is an unforgettable novel: smart, funny, dramatic, and always surprising.

2 comments:

  1. This looks SO good! I really want to pick this one up!
    I also really love the trailer, however the voice gets a little annoying...Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this one and cannot wait to read it. The trailer is pretty low key as trailers go, but I do like that it gives a strong impression of the Vera's voice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.