Sunday, January 30, 2011

In Our Mailbox (Jan. 24-30)

Sunday, January 30, 2011 with
"In My Mailbox" is a weekly event that gives book bloggers a chance to show off their book haul for the week. It was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.

My order from Barnes and Noble came this week and I'm very eager to read the books especially Melina Marchetta's Saving Francesca and Julie Jame's Just the Sexiest Man Alive. Julie James is my favorite contemporary romance author and if you love romantic comedy type of reads, you must pick up one of her books (my personal fave is Practice Makes Perfect).

We didn't think we'd get any review books this week but Mad Love and Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance came on Friday. I am very excited for Jenna and Jonah (I featured it in a "Book I Covet" post a while back) because it sounds like a fun book and it's one of those alternating perspective books and I love reading those.

Here's a snapshot of the books:

For Review

Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin & Brendan Halpin
Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors
(A big THANK YOU to Walker Books and Kate for sending us the books.)

Bought
13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James


What did you get this week?

19 comments:

  1. I love 13 Little Blue Envelopes! And I have Mad Love ordered from the library. It's just taking forever to come in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved 13 Little Blue Envelopes! I definitely want to check out some of these other books too. Great Mailbox, Happy Reading!

    Chelsea @ Rand0m Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox !! I've added 13 Little Envelopes and Just the Sexiest Man Alive to my wishlist !! I can't wait to read what you thought about them !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mailbox! I haven't read The Iron Fey series yet. :\ But I see you have one of their books. I need to get to that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great picks! I have been wanting to read 13 Little Blue Envolopes for a long time. Also, I'm currently reading The Iron Daughter, I can't wait to read The Iron Queen. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, amazing mailbox! I'm so jealous of everyone who got Mad Love! That's one book I'm dying to read, and I keep waiting to see reviews before I buy it. I really can't wait to see your review for Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance either. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab books this week. Hope you enjoy them! You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting to read The Iron Queen. And I hadn't heard about Mad Love before, so thanks for drawing my attention to that title. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen MAD LOVE all over this week! Looks super cute. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's what's in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mad Love sounds like a really interesting combination of humor and elements of psychology...will definitely be checking that one out at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the cover for 13 Little Blue Envelopes is so cute! But judging based on the covers, I think I'd enjoy reading Iron Queen the most.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent books. I can't wait for my copy of Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance to arrive it looks so cute.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list this week! Mad Love is featured on yet another IMM, I really have to check that one out!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Iron Queen- hope you do too. Happy reading and have a great week!
    Brandi’s IMMB

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with each one..the covers are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome haul!!! I want the Iron Queen! Thank you for sharing! Enjoy!!!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks a nice pile of books. Enjoy the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul sweets! I'm super jealous that you get to read the Julie James for the first time. SO GOOD! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I've seen Fauxmance and Iron Queen on so many IMMs this week!! I'm looking forward to purchasing both myself. Hope you enjoy! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.