In Our Mailbox (Jan. 14-22)

"In My Mailbox" is a weekly event that gives book bloggers a chance to show off their book haul for the week. It was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren.

I don't know about Leslie but I was in a reading slump all week last week and I'm still reading Delirium. It's really good and I'm liking it a lot but I just couldn't sit still and concentrate for a long period of time to read it. It maybe because second quarter report cards were due, there were parent-teacher conferences last week and an all-around crazy week. We realized we haven't posted anything since Wednesday but Leslie and I promise to make up for lost time this coming week here on the blog.

Last week, we were lucky enough to receive a few books this week. I'm especially excited for The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta because after reading and loving Jellicoe Road, I've been wanting to read more books by her. Leslie and I are also eager to read Across the Universe but after all the buzz we're a little nervous because we have high expectations for it. Alright-y, here's our "in my mailbox":

Young Adults

Across the Universe by Beth Revis (bought)
The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta (for review)
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney (for review)
The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher (for review)
(A big THANK YOU to Flux, Candlewick and Sourcebooks Fire for sending us the books.)


Romances

Taste Me by Tamara Hogan (for review)
Deadly Heat by Cynthia Eden (for review)
Deadly Lies by Cynthia Eden (for review)
It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare (for review)
(A big THANK YOU to Hachette/Forever and Sourcebooks Fire for sending us the books.)


What did you get this week?

19 comments

  1. I so want to read Across the Universe and The Water Wars !! I'm looking forward to read what you thought about them !! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed AtU and hope you do too. Happy reading!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books all around! I'm interested to see what you think of The Water Wars. I liked it a lot, despite a pacing flaw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! I can't wait to read Across the Universe!

    You can find my post here:
    Quick Quotes Quills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jelous of your Across the Universe copy! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my post! You've got a lot of good books here this week, I hope you enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the Water Wars, and just got Across the Universe, too. Just started it last night...

    Great list this week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with the Piper's Son but I've heard good things about Across the Universe which sounds like a fun read. Though apparently there's been a recent outcry that the cover has been "whitewashed" which may unfortunately effect opinions of the book itself. The Iron Witch also sounds really good. As for Water Wars, the reviews of this one haven't been as positive but I look forward to reading yours.

    Have a great week!

    Simcha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been dieing to get my hands on Across the Universe but lack the funds and there's none at my library yet. I can't wait to hear what you think of it though because I know I'm excited for it. The Iron Witch looks really good too, that's another book I'd like to read. This is a good mailbox I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to start reading Across the Universe, though I agree with you on the high expectations thing. I haven't heard much on The Water Wars or The Pipers Son, I'm gonna have to look into those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome mailbox! I'm looking forward to Cynthia Eden's new books too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ATU has been on my list! Definitely need to get a copy very soon because I've heard it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Water Wars looks awesome! The cover is gorgeous! Great haul this week, and can't wait to find out your thoughts on Across The Universe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to read Across the Universe and The Piper's Son, both sound amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. great books!!!
    my IMM if interested:
    http://novelsociety.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/in-my-mailbox-10/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like some great books that you both got in the mail..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great haul for IMM!

    Let me just look and sigh...

    Enjoy the loot and keep writing girls :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.