Monday, January 31, 2011

Today is the BLOG TOUR stop of...




The Author: Cara Elliott

If you were planning a dinner party and you can invite the following: 1 celebrity, 1 character from You Killed Wesley Payne [Sorry, sorry! Argh, me being me, of course, forgot to change the title... meant to say To Tempt a Rake but Cara was lovely enough to ignore my mistake--thank you Cara!] 2 writers (one dead & one alive) and 1 musician. Who would they be and would they get along?

Oh no, I guess I’m going to reveal that I’m not on the cutting edge of Pop Culture! Sorry, I haven’t read You Killed Wesley, so can’t really choose a character from the book to invite to dinner. But the idea of putting together a special guest list for a supper party is always a fun one!

So, I’m going to take a little artistic license and change the categories slightly. For me, the dream party would involve gathering a team of creative people to collaborate on making a film version of To Tempt A Rake. To start with, I’d ask Clint Eastwood to write the screenplay and direct the movie (and seeing as he’s a great jazz aficionado, he could help with the music as well.) But I’d also bring in Beethoven to help him, seeing as some of the book’s scenes are set in Vienna. (Beethoven actually composed some of the music for some of the actual historic parties that are mentioned in my book.)

Okay, now to round out the table with the stars of the movies! I would ask Keira Knightley (in her Elizabeth Swan ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ persona) to play my heroine, Kate. She has just the right swashbuckling, kick-ass attitude for the role. The last invitation is reserved for the hero of the movie—so, who would I ask to play my hero? I can answer that in a hearbeat! Johnny Depp is the perfect person to play Marco!

And yes, we would all get along famously . . . especially Johnny and me.

Check out Cara's website and Facebook for more info about her and her books.


The Book: To Tempt a Rake
(Blurb taken from the Hachette website)

Kate Woodbridge has spent most of her life sailing to exotic ports around the globe, acquiring an expertise in botany, along with a few less ladylike skills. So when a deathbed promise to her parents brings her to London to seek reconciliation with her grandfather, the imperious Duke of Cluyne, she feels like a fish out of water. Her outspoken views and fiery temper tend to set off sparks in Society-especially with the rakish Conte of Como.

A devil-may-care rogue, Marco finds the alluring and mysterious Kate a tempting target for his flirtations. But when murder strikes at the duke's country house party he begins to suspect that she's hiding a dark secret. He has his own clandestine reasons for offering to help her prove her innocence . . . And so begins a journey of dangerous deception that leads from England to the glittering ballrooms of Vienna, where Marco and Kate must duel with a deadly villain . . . and their own explosive attraction.



Do you want to win your very own copy of To Tempt A Rake?
Thanks to Anna and Hachette, I have 3 copies to give away.

To enter, fill out the form:
Click HERE if you cannot see the form above.

IMPORTANT: See "Special Giveaway Policy" for complete rules and disclaimers. By entering the giveaway, you agree to the terms stated on that page. Good luck!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chance. Can't wait to read the third book in the Circle of Sin series.
    Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love romances, and this looks good!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.