Books We Covet: Instructions for a Broken Heart and Where She Went

Why Leslie covets this book: I LOVED Kim Culbertson's previous novel Songs for a Teenage Nomad so I'm really excited to read her next book. I think Instructions is going to be just as awesome as Songs.

dwhitneyInstructions for a Broken Heart [blurb taken from Goodreads]
Three days before her drama club's trip to Italy, Jessa Gardner discovers her boyfriend in the costume barn with another girl. Jessa is left with a care package from her best friend titled "Top Twenty Reasons He's a Slimy Jerk Bastard," instructing her to do one un-Jessa-like thing each day of the trip. At turns hilarious and heartwrenching, Instructions for a Broken Heart paints a magical Italy in which Jessa learns she must figure out life-and romance-for herself.
This book comes out on May 1, 2011. For more info visit Kim Culbertson's website.


************


Why Michelle covets this book: I read If I Stay a few weeks ago and the story of Mia, her family and Adam still hasn't left me. I am dying to read Where She Went and find out what happened to Mia and Adam 3 years after If I Stay. April can't come soon enough, I'm so excited!!

kdertingWhere She Went (If I Stay #2) [blurb taken from Goodreads]
It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.
This book comes out on April 5, 2011. For more info visit Gayle Forman's website.



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

13 comments

  1. Instructions for a Broken Heart sounds totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your picks sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of Instructions for a Broken Heart, but it sounds good. And I can't wait for Where She Went...If I Stay was so good! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved If I Stay and I am definitely going to re-read it before Where She Went comes out. So excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read If I Stay sometime soon. It's been on my tbr list since before it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, Where She Went sounds especially good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, they both sound awesome...Where She Went especially grabbed me.

    Here's mine:

    http://weboftyranny.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/waiting-on-wednesday-on-thursday-jan-13/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read his book since I read If I stay. great one girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.