Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I first heard of Clarity by Kim Harrington many months ago and have been dying to read it since. The cover is very pretty too! I like reading books with a whodunit premise and this book definitely has that. It sounds a bit like Kimberly Derting's The Body Finder (a book I enjoyed) from the blurb but I'm hoping once I get my hands on a copy and dive into it it won't be really. It quite a wait though because doesn't come out until March 1.

Okay, here's the trailer:


Blurb (from Goodreads):
Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift. And a curse. When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case—but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother, who has supernatural gifts of his own, becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture to the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

Hmm... I really liked the hand prints and how they incorporated the the book cover with the stock photo images. I even like the music. I'm just not sure of the narrator. Let me know what you all think of it.

6 comments:

  1. I love this trailer! However, I agree, I'm not sure about the narrator. I don't know.. Her voice is kind of..Croaky, and, she lacks the certain expressions I would expect. I mean 'HEELLOOO, your brothers a crime suspect! Arn't you worried!?
    LOL. Sorry, just, she kind of didn't work for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting one! I agree with you guys - I like the video itself but the narrator is just...not good. She sounds a bit like I would if I tried to act, which I'm sure wouldn't be great. I tend to prefer trailers where the speech is put as text, if that makes sense!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea for a book for sure! Looks like a good one. Thanks girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting . . . I'm really excited about the book but tend to think the trailers are pretty cheesy. They did a nice job with this one, but I agree that the narrator is a little off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Clarity and cannot wait for more from Harrington and Clarity. While the trailer isn't the best I have seen it does present the book well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.