Book I Covet: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Why I covet this book: First of all, the cover is gorgeous. But besides that it has everything I love in a contemporary young adult book: teen angst, a mysterious boy, romance...

Oh, and according to the author on Goodreads, the whole story happens in 24 hours. I haven't read a young adult book set up like this before.


daybeforeThe Day Before by Lisa Schroeder (out June 28, 2011)
Sometimes there's no turning back.

Amber's life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of her family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell that he's also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she's drawn to him. And the more she's troubled by his darkness. Because Cade's not just living in the now--he's living each moment like it's his last.



Do you covet any book(s) this week?



"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

10 comments

  1. That cover is striking.
    Great choice!

    Here is what I'm thinking about this Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait fot his one either !! I loved I heart you, you haunt me by Lisa S so I'll definitely be reading this one !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good - I love Lisa Schroeder so this will be a must-read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really good! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover does not seem to match the summary for me. Every time I see it I am thinking the girl is dead and that it reminds me of Before I Fall. Still it does sound like it will be a good read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I've seen lots of people with this as their WoW this week. I already have it on my list! : )

    My Waiting on Wednesday is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great, have fun reading this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen this around a few times today- sounds great, hope you get to enjoy it.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I chose this book for my WOW this week! I love Lisa Schroeder's work. She's such a wonderful writer. Excellent choice! -C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

    Already following :)

    Lu
    http://quickquotesquills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.