Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book I Covet: Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 with
Why I covet this book: It sounds like a book that's full of heart-pounding action (in the way of The Hunger Games series) with a kick-ass heroine set in a post-apocalyptic world full of danger and darkness.

That cover... perfect fit for the blurb!

And speaking of... that blurb has me wondering: Who is Aidan? The love interest? Who are the Sweepers? Why are they looking for Lucy? What's so special about her? Is there hope for survival in this world?

WANT!!


ashesashesAshes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari (out June 2011)
A thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and one girl's unyielding courage through the darkest of nightmares.

Epidemics, floods, droughts--for sixteen-year-old Lucy, the end of the world came and went, taking 99% of the population with it. As the weather continues to rage out of control, and Sweepers clean the streets of plague victims, Lucy survives alone in the wilds of Central Park. But when she's rescued from a pack of hunting dogs by a mysterious boy named Aidan, she reluctantly realizes she can't continue on her own. She joins his band of survivors, yet, a new danger awaits her: the Sweepers are looking for her. There's something special about Lucy, and they will stop at nothing to have her.





"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

8 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this book for awhile now! I haven't heard any buzz about it though! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely adding this book to my wishlist! It sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title alone makes me think of frightening things...very compelling synopsis and cover.

    Here's mine:

    http://embracethewhirlwind.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/waiting-on-wednesday-jan-19/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle & Leslie,
    so happy you're waiting on Ashes, Ashes! It comes out June 1.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks interesting. I'll wait and see how you like it before deciding though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really intriguing like my type of book gonna add this too my list.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.