Tuesday, January 11, 2011

All About ACROSS THE UNIVERSE (Squeee!!!)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 with
Labels:
Okay.

Get ready.

This post is going to be all about Across the Universe.

I have never been more excited for a book release since Mockingjay but I am for ATU. I'm not a big fan to sci-fi but this book sounds nothing like I've read in a while. I pre-ordered it months ago on Amazon but unfortuately I won't be getting my copy until the 18th. So, I'm trying to keep my anticipation up by participating in ATU-related activities. I signed up for the Penguin Teen ATU blogger project where they basically have us talk and share info about the novel and to let everyone know that it's being released today 1.11.11 (well, in 49 minutes because it's only 11:11 PM Hawaii time right now; it's already officially 1/11 in the mainland)... So here I am doing that.

Okay, before I get into all the cool videos, websites and such, here's the cover (clicking on the cover will take you to Amazon) and the blurb:

A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.



Book Trailer
:


Never-Been-Seen Before (until now) Author Video
:
In which Beth Revis explains her inspiration for and the different levels of the spaceship Godspeed.


To find out more about
ATU online:
You can check out the ATU's own Facebook page, the Penguin Teen website, Twitter and Facebook, Beth Revis’ author website, blog and Twitter. And of course the

Across the Universe website
(Penguin Teen promises it to be extra awesome once it goes live on 1.11.11 because there you can explore Godspeed! From watching Beth's video above I'm super excited to check out the Feeder Level. She describes it as having rolling hills and pastures as well as the "city" where the people aboard the ship live.)



Wanna read ATU?

Now that you're all excited for ATU, you probably wanna read it right NOW. Well, thanks to io9, from 11:11 AM Eastern to 11:11 PM Eastern on 01.11.11 you read a 111 page excerpt! Woo-hoo!!

Okay, that's an Across the Universe overload right there. With all the buzz surrounding this book, I sincerely hope it delivers. Reader friends, let me know your thoughts about this book especially if you read it already or if you're just as excited as me. Have a great Tuesday! :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering if this book would be any good and I look forward to your review of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.