Friday, December 31, 2010

Michelle's Favorite YA Reads of 2010 (vlog)

Friday, December 31, 2010 with
Labels:
Happy New Year 2011 everyone! Isn't it crazy how tomorrow the start of 2011?! Well, for my last post in 2010 I am going to share with you all my favorite reads [though not necessarily published in] of 2010.

And because I made this video in early December... Well, I was partly wrong when I said no books I will read in December will knock the books I already mentioned off their top 6 positions. I didn't think I was going to find books I will LOVE as much I did the six but I did. They are:


annafrenchkiss Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
It's possibly the most romantic young adult novel I've ever read. I absolutely adored this book! Anna and St. Clair were just perfect in their imperfections. I quickly devoured the book because I wanted to get to that inevitable happily-ever-after end but when I did get to that last page I was sad that my time with Anna and St. Clair was over. Then, I immediately wanted to read the entire book all over again.




pronouncesomeone I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
This is one of those "less is more" books where the author gives the readers just enough to tell the story yet it doesn't skimp on humor, well-rounded characters, romance and substance. It has a fantastic heroine in quirky, charming Bronwen and a swoon-worthy love interest in Jared. It's light yet a very thoughtful novel about family, love and growing up. I loved the ending too because although it's not your typical happily-ever-after it's was perfect anyway.




dairyqueenDairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
D.J.'s personality and fresh voice shined throughout the book. Sometimes teen characters are so quick, so witty, so droll in their thinking and speech that it's just not plausible that this character is only 15 or 17 years old. Well, not so D.J.--she actually acts and thinks her age. I don't think I've ever run across a character like her before and I can't wait to read the sequel.





dairyqueenIf I Stay by Gayle Forman
I wasn't sure I was going to like this book when I first started because I love my happily-ever-afters and I knew it was going to be a sad book. Told mostly in flashbacks, you really get to know the characters and care for them, especially Mia. It was bittersweet and the tone was sad throughout but surprisingly not depressing. It was beautifully written novel overall, with great music references. I'm so excited for the sequel.



I highly recommend all ten books and if you, lovely reader friends, haven't checked them out yet, you simply must! Have a fun and safe New Years Eve everyone! **waving** See you all in 2011! :D

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post !! Great vlog !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered Anna and the French Kiss yesterday & have been considering If I Stay. I'm glad to see you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to read everyone else's list of recommendations - so many books I have not even heard of. Thanks for the list and all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to get Anna and the French Kiss this weekend I have heard such awesome things about it.

    I wish you and Leslie a very Happy New Year. May 2011 exceed your wildest expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of books there!

    Happy new year girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your videos and think it would be great if you decided to do more of them. All of the books you mentioned are ones that I've been wanting to read. Except for Ice. I had started that book and couldn't even finish it. I guess it's not for everyone.
    Hope you have a great new year!

    Simcha

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute amazing vlog! Great job Michelle. And excellent reviews. Who cares if they were all amazing, because they certainly can be.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.