Leslie's Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

theirondaughter Trade Paperback: 359 pages
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Language: English
ISBN:
978-037321013
Source of my copy: I bought it
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Leslie's Review:
Meghan has defeated Iron King Machina and has brought her little brother safely back to the mortal world. But without the help of her beloved Ash, the prince of the Winter Court, she couldn't have done it. In exchange for his help and to uphold her end of the bargain, she is being held hostage by the queen of the Winter Court (Ash's mother). The winter fey treat her coldly and brutally and she is accused of lies when she mentions the deadly iron fey--ironbound faeries that only she and Ash had seen. But Ash has been giving her the cold shoulder too, making her think what they shared was just an act to bring her to the Winter Court. Meghan can't trust anyone, but as a war looms between the Summer and Winter court and the iron fey growing stronger again, will she be able to stop it?

The Iron Daughter was an easier read than the first book Iron King. I think it's because now that the world of faeries has been introduced, we just get to the meat of the story faster and continue where Meghan's adventure left off from the first. This series just gets better and better--The Iron Daughter was as thrilling, fantastic and just plain awesome as the first (if not more!) with new characters and more surprises. The love triangle between Meghan, Ash and Puck was more developed too. As Ash seemed to pull away from Meghan, she turns to Puck. I'm Team Ash all the way and it might just be me but I can tell that even though Meghan tried really hard to like Puck as much as she liked Ash, she couldn't. I felt sorry for Puck but I know Meghan's heart belonged to Ash.

I really liked the ending of this book. I liked how it wasn't a cliffhanger ending, instead it concludes the book nicely. Still, the ending left me wanting more and I can't wait for the next book to come out. If you haven't checked out the Iron Fey series, you're missing out on an outstanding, must-read story. I cannot wait for the next book in the series, The Iron Queen. 5 out of 5 stars

4 comments

  1. I really like this series and adored this book. I'm almost finished with The Iron Queen and it's really good. Man but I love me some Prince Ash. Cannot wait for The Iron Knight, *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read this but my daughter read it and loved it and wants more to. A lovely review Leslie. Now I need to put this up on my ever growing pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started this series yet, but I hear incredible things about it, so I really should. Fabulous review...definitely looking forward to it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you loved it! This is one of my favorite series of the year, can't wait for the next two. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.