Book We Covet: Between the Sea and the Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore

Hi everyone! Gah! Leslie and I haven't posted in almost a week but we're just enjoying our winter break and reading as many books as we can before we are back in school. Anyway, for this here post, we're going to share with you all a book we recently discovered and cannot wait to read...

Why we covet this book: Since reading Real Mermaid Don't Wear Toe Rings, I've been wanting to read another mermaid book. Leslie covets it for its beautiful cover. We both love Disney's The Little Mermaid and this sounds like a fun retelling of it.

betweentheseaBetween the Sea and the Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore (out June 2011)
For as long as Esmerine can remember, she has longed to join her older sister, Dosinia, as a siren--the highest calling a mermaid can have. Then Dosinia runs away to the mainland, and Esmerine is sent to retrieve her. Using magic to transform her tail into legs, she makes her way unsteadily to the capital city. There she comes upon a friend she hasn't seen since childhood--a dashing young man named Alandare, who belongs to a winged race of people. As Esmerine and Alandare band together to search for Dosinia, they rekindle a friendship . . . and ignite the emotions for a love so great it cannot be bound by sea, land, or air.






"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

9 comments

  1. I just saw this one today on another Wow and am definitely exited about it. Great pick ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds really interesting! I live fairytale retellings, so I'm definitely going to have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any mermaid books yet...YET.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for mermaids books. Plus, I love this cover. I will be adding it to my TBR list.

    This week Reading Lark is looking forward to Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles. Check us out:
    http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2010/12/waiting-on-wednesday-chain-reaction-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I haven't read any mermaid books and this sounds really great. DEFINITELY going to check it out!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Stephanie @ Poetry to Prose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover! It's beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    This book looks like so much fun - just added it to my tbr!
    There's another book about mermaids coming out next year called Lost Voices - it sounds kind of dark, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of my WoW picks a while ago - love that cover! And I like the sound of the romance in this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.