Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Why we Michelle covets this book: Leslie doesn't covet this book... yet. But only because she doesn't know the awesomeness that is Jackson Pearce--I've read Sisters Red and As You Wish and I LOVED them both. Sweetly is a companion book to Sisters Red and I think I'm going to enjoy it just as much (I just wish it's coming out sooner). If you haven't checked out Jackson Pearce's books yet, you definitely should!

Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
(Blurb taken from Goodreads)
SWEETLY is a modernization of Hansel and Gretel and a companion book to SISTERS RED and FATHOMLESS.

Twelve years ago, Gretchen, her twin sister, and her brother went looking for a witch in the forest. They found something. Maybe it was a witch, maybe a monster, they aren’t sure—they were running too fast to tell. Either way, Gretchen’s twin sister was never seen again.

Years later, after being thrown out of their house, Gretchen and Ansel find themselves in Live Oak, South Carolina, a place on the verge of becoming a ghost town. They move in with Sophia Kelly, a young and beautiful chocolatier owner who opens not only her home, but her heart to Gretchen and Ansel.

Yet the witch isn’t gone—it’s here, lurking in the forests of Live Oak, preying on Live Oak girls every year after Sophia Kelly’s infamous chocolate festival. But Gretchen is determined to stop running from witches in the forest, and start fighting back. Alongside Samuel Reynolds, a boy as quick with a gun as he is a sarcastic remark, Gretchen digs deeper into the mystery of not only what the witch is, but how it chooses its victims. Yet the further she investigates, the more she finds herself wondering who the real monster is, and if love can be as deadly as it is beautiful.

This book comes out either on June 7, 2011 (according to Goodreads) or August 23, 2010 (according to Amazon). For more info visit the author's website.


"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

6 comments:

  1. Love the cover. Just finished Sisters Red and it was fantastic and now I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently finished reading Sisters Red and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this one now, I love the cover it's very creepy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if the book is for me, but the cover is amazing. It's definitely one of the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how much I love fairy tale retellings. this is a new title for me so I am very excited. Thanks for turning me on to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about this one since I'm into re-tellings lately.

    I love how the tree's in the cover make a face!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.