Sunday, October 17, 2010

In Our Mailbox (Sept. 4-16)

Sunday, October 17, 2010 with
"In My Mailbox" is a weekly event that gives book bloggers a chance to show off their book haul for the week. It was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie and hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren. Click on the link to check out what other book bloggers got in their mailbox this week and join in on the fun!

These are young adult books Leslie and I received in the last two weeks.

Annexed by Sharon Dogar
A fictional take of Peter van Pels's (from The Diary of Anne Frank) side of the story
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
A book we won off of Random Buzzers. It's the companion book to The Maze Runner which we still need to get and read.
Girl, Stolen by April Henry
Leslie's InGroup book. A contemporary YA about a blind girl who was unintentionally kidnapped when her mom's car got stolen... with her in it!
Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst
A YA fantasy set in an alternate world of Princeton University. I've been waiting for this book in what seems like forever! I am very excited to read it--I loved the author's other novel Ice.
Inconvenient by Margie Gelbwasser
A more serious contemporary YA novel. The main character is a Russian-Jewish girl and she has to deal with not only everyday teenage stuff but also with her dysfunctional family, alcoholism and cultural pride. It doesn't come out until November, so I'll be reviewing next month.
(A big THANK YOU goes to FSB Media, Random House/Random Buzzers, InGroup/Macmillan, Simon & Schuster and Flux)

I also received two romances last week.

Kiss At Your Own Risk
by Stephanie Rowe
A romantic-comedy type of paranormal
Edge of Sight by Roxanne St. Claire
This book is a romantic suspense and it will be my first Roxanne St. Claire read. There will be a giveaway for this book at the end of this month.
(A big THANK YOU to Sourcebook Casablanca and Forever/Hachette)


What did you get this week?

13 comments:

  1. Great books! I want to read The Scorch Trials (but I need to read the first one first).

    You can see what I got here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a bunch of books I havent heard of before! I love finding new books and authors! Great post this week! My IMM is here: http://twitter.com/NikiBrandyberry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enchanted Ivy looks sooooo good! And I love the cover for Girl, Stolen. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of books! I loved Girl, Stolen so much. I'm super excited to hear your opinion on it :).

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Enchanted Ivy's supposed to be quite good! Also the cover for Inconvenient is really pretty. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh you guys got awesome books this week! I'm personally jealous of The Scorch Trials and Enchanted Ivy - I've been dying to read the former, and I've heard amazing things about the latter. I've never heard of Inconvenient, so I'll be looking forward to what you think about that! :)

    Here's my IMM this week. Happy readings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a lot of great things about Enchanted Ivy. I've got The Maze Runner on my TBR pile so I anticipate that The Scorch Trials will be IMM soon.
    Enjoy! Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely have to check out Annexed and I've heard so much about Scorch Trials! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished Annexed and it was a very heart-wrenching story. I am also anxious to see what you think of Girl Stolen, Scorch Trials and Enchanted Ivy.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also want to read The Scorch Trials but have to read The Maze Runner first! Thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really curious about Annexed. I hope you enjoy all your reads :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.