Book Trailers of the Week: Tell Me A Secret & You Killed Wesley Payne

It's been a while since I posted any "book trailer of the week" here on the blog but that's because I haven't run across any that made me go "WOW!" Well, that all changed after I saw these:

The first trailer is Tell Me A Secret by Holly Cupala:

Blurb (from Goodreads):Tell me a secret, and I'll tell you one…

In the five years since her bad-girl sister Xanda’s death, Miranda Mathison has wondered about the secret her sister took to the grave, and what really happened the night she died. Now, just as Miranda is on the cusp of her dreams—a best friend to unlock her sister’s world, a ticket to art school, and a boyfriend to fly her away from it all—Miranda has a secret all her own.

Then two lines on a pregnancy test confirm her worst fears. Stripped of her former life, Miranda must make a choice with tremendous consequences and finally face her sister’s demons and her own.

In this powerful debut novel, stunning new talent Holly Cupala illuminates the dark struggle of a girl who must let go of her past to find a way into her own future.


Next is You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin. It's not a book I'd normally pick up but I've been trying to step out of my reading comfort zone lately and I think I just might give this one a try. It has a really cool trailer too:

Blurb (from Goodreads): He's come to do a job.
A job that involves a body.
A body wrapped in duct tape found hanging from the goal posts at the end of the football field.

You Killed Wesley Payne is a truly original and darkly hilarious update of classic pulp-noir, in which hard-boiled seventeen year-old Dalton Rev transfers to the mean hallways of Salt River High to take on the toughest case of his life. The question isn't whether Dalton's going to get paid. He always gets paid. Or whether he's gonna get the girl. He always (sometimes) gets the girl. The real question is whether Dalton Rev can outwit crooked cops and killer cliques in time to solve the mystery of "The Body" before it solves him.

What do you think of these book trailers?

2 comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.