Thursday, October 21, 2010

Penguin has been coming out with very well-made and totally awesome book trailers lately. The one for Matched (a book I've been contemplating on purchasing) is no exception:

Matched by Ally Condie:

Blurb (from Goodreads):
In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s barely any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one . . . until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow—between perfection and passion.

Matched is a story for right now and storytelling with the resonance of a classic.



The reviews I've read a pretty mixed. Did you already read this book? Should I get it?

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh I really like that trailer. Matched is on my tbr pile and I can't wait to get to it. Fortunately it's only got about 2 books in front of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this trailer...I hear excellent things about the book, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! I have this on my shelf! I better get to reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this trailer!

    I've read it but I'm not posting my review until next month. It's pretty slow paced, nothing exciting happens but I thought it was a really good read. I liked Cassia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I think it is a great story and I am hoping that things I was thrilled with will be better in the next book of the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...I'm not sure about this book. I like the dystopic sound of it but if it's all really a story about which guy to choose I'll probably be disappointed. I look forward to reading your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That trailer is the bomb. ha! :) Yes, I really like it. I want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book was amazing no questions asked get it asap completely blew me away @)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the trailer! I have the book. havent read it yet though but it kind of one of the most anticipated to be read ;p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.