We have the pleasure of having author Kira Morgan on stop by our blog to chat with us today as part of her blog tour for her newest release CAPTURED BY DESIRE. Please join us in welcoming her...
Kira, tell us a little about yourself... and by little we mean in 140 characters.
Kira Morgan writes swashbuckling historical romances to keep you up all night...between doing videogame and cartoon voices and touring with her rock star husband.
Your top 3 literature character crushes from any book?
Sir Launcelot du Lac from Howard Pyle's King Arthur series
Raine from Penelope Williamson's "Keeper of the Dream"
"Blade" from the book I'm currently writing!
Craziest fact you came across while researching for a book that you can't believe true but is?
Mary Queen of Scots and her ladies, the Four Maries, occasionally went "slumming" around Scotland dressed as men!
Let's talk about your newest release. Can you please give us a one sentence blurb about Captured by Desire?
When the queen’s jeweler, Florie Gilder, claims sanctuary for a crime she didn't commit, huntsman Rane MacAllister is charged with preventing her escape, leaving him torn between duty and desire when he begins to fall in love with his spirited captive. (For full book synopsis, click on the book cover)
Is there something you always do (a ritual of some sort) on the day a new book of yours is released out into the world?
I do a booksigning! It's very exciting for me to finally be able to share my story with readers--I can't wait to take them on my adventures.
Which of the characters in Captured by Desire are you most like? The most different?
I'm probably most like the hero, Rane, in that I believe in justice, fairness, and charity. I'm least like the villain, Mavis, since she's obsessed with wealth and power.
What was the hardest part to write in your newly released book? Easiest?
Because I put myself in my characters' heads, the most difficult scene for me to write was when Rane faces death at the hands of the villain. The easiest? I know it's crazy, but sex scenes and fight scenes are a breeze for me.
What is next after Captured by Desire? Any current projects?
I just finished the edits on Seduced by Destiny, which is coming out in March 2011. The heroine of that book is the little girl who appears at the end of Captured by Desire!
Thank you so much for stopping by, Kira, and answering our questions! For more on Kira Morgan, visit her on Facebook and her website.
Thanks to Anna and Hachette, I have 3 copies to give away.
For a chance to win fill out the form:
Rules & Disclaimers:VERY IMPORTANT! Please read before entering!
1. Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win. No P.O. Boxes.
2. This giveaway will end on August 31 and the winners will be selected using random.org.
3. The winners are responsible for emailing me with their shipping address within 72 hours of the winner announcement post. I will select new winners if they fail to do so. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. This giveaway is being sponsored by Hachette Book Group and NOT Michelle and Leslie's Book Picks. If you win, you'll receive your book directly from Hachette. We are in NO way for responsible for prizes that are not honored by the sponsor, dispersed in a timely manner, stolen, lost and/or damaged during transit.
5. See "Special Giveaway Policy" for complete rules and disclaimers.