Leslie's Review: Haint Misbehavin' by Maureen Hardegree

mhardegree ARC: 154 pages
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books
Language: English
ISBN:
9781448620401
Source of my copy: from the author
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
The start of a fun middle-grade series, The Ghost Handlers, follows Heather Tildy, an Atlanta teen with a troublesome habit of attracting ghosts. Middle-child Heather has enough to worry about with sisters, boys and school. Now that a trouble-making girl from the 1800's is poking her nose in Heather's business, her life has taken a supernatural turn for the worse! Before her life can get better, she has to figure out how to help the ghost move on. Debut author Hardegree is a veteran short-story author for the well-known MOSSY CREEK HOMETOWN series. She plans multiple titles in this warm and funny YA series.


Leslie's Review:
Heather Tildy had enough to worry about with her sisters, boys and school. But then, when she thought her life couldn't get any more complicated, her first ghost shows up. Now, Heather not only has to deal with the embarrassing things her ghost Amy does that makes her look really silly but she also must help Amy move on so she can get back to her normal life. But how can she when Amy won't let Heather figure out her past?

This book was totally awesome! It was a very fun read with Heather and her haint (aka ghost) Amy, causing trouble in the most funniest and silliest ways. I can't count the many times I laughed out loud as I read this book. But what made it a great read for me was that I totally related and connected with Heather. Not that I can see ghosts (thank goodness!) but I'm also the middle child who is about to enter high school. And because I have so much in common with Heather, I understood and felt for her as she experienced embarrassing yet funny moments thanks to the mischievous Amy. I also loved the relationship between them--I liked how even though Amy drove Heather crazy or Heather was being unfair to her, they still became great friends. You should really read this book because it's fun, laugh-out-loud read with a great heroine. I can't wait to read the next book in the series! 4.5 out of 5 stars

FYI: Next week, I am going to be interviewing the author, Maureen Hardegree, for my first author interview here on the blog. Also, I ended up getting a couple of extra copies of this book so I'm giving away a brand-new copy of Haint Misbehavin'. Y'all make sure you check it out! :)

7 comments

  1. Oh yeah this does sound like a fun read and I am always up for a little humor in my books. Great review Leslie I will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cute book--gotta love humor (esp. with all these dark dystopians!). Looking forward to your author interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. It does sounds like a fun book and I adore that cover. I love a book that makes you laugh out loud. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!That is totally awesome!A personal ghost?My life would be totally crazy if i have one. Good luck for the interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.