Leslie's Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

cclare Paperback: 492 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Language: English
ISBN:
9781416914307
Source of my copy: I bought it
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.


Leslie's Review:
Shadowhunters all over the world have traveled to their homeland, Idris, where chaos reigns now that Valentine is after the last of the Mortal Instruments. Although Clary's only purpose was to go to Idris was to find the cure to wake her comatose mother, she finds herself in the middle of the confusion and she now has to decide whether the Shadowhunters should fight with the Downworlders, or surrender to their doom. As war looms ahead, Jace and Clary must also make their own decision: should they pursue their forbidden love?

I've finally read the last book of my all-time favorite series! Let me tell you, it was absolutely fantastic! Like the first two, this was thrilling and exciting but more intense than ever. Jace and Clary are fantastic characters and are now one of my all-time favorite hero and heroine pair. As the last book of the series, City of Glass answered all my questions and it ended perfectly. This book was a great end to an amazing series that blew me away and left me breathless. I highly recommend this series! 5 out of 5 stars

7 comments

  1. Oh I gotta get cracking on the second book. Glad you enjoyed the whole series. Have a great weekend girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved this series. And the books only get better and better. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! One of the best YA series I've come across. Look forward to the future books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeay!This is totally cool.I just read the 1st book and not the rest!No fret, but this is good review. out of 5?great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered the first book. Thanks for the review!

    Misha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have the first book waiting for me to get to, which I bought after reading one of your reviews on this series. I really need to get to it as I love how passionate you are about it and I so trust your book picks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your review=) I love this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.