Friday, August 27, 2010

Last month, my family and I decided to drive up to Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm since everyone was home that weekend and we wanted to do something special together. We picked the wrong day to visit though. It was rainy and foggy that day so we didn't do much exploring but it was a fun family outing anyway.

I've been meaning to share some of the pictures I took because although it wasn't the best day to go, it's still a very pretty place to visit even with the rain. I really like the pictures I took that day too--mostly because fog is not something you see often in the area where I live. Also, there was something eerie yet romantic about the fog and rain and the damp earth on that particular day... probably because of the book I was reading then, which was Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the Sisters--a dark, Gothic read filled with mysterious magic and secrets. Talk about reading in the right atmosphere!







5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I find my self wanting to read Wuthering Heights in that white chair/bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos - really give a different feeling than one might expect from such a lovely place. And, like Juju, it reminds me of novels that take place in England or similar setting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lavenders! That is pretty pictures. I wish I can go abroad sometime and have long and nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hauntingly beautiful! (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scent of lavender. Your pictures are lovely. We have a botanical gardens in St. Louis that has gorgeous walks like the first picture. It is a wonderful place to spend a day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.