Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Contemps Challenge

Thursday, August 19, 2010 with
Labels:
Take The Contemps Challenge! I've had bad luck (aka I've failed challenges because I suck at keeping up with books I've read) but I decided to take a stab at The Contemps Challenge. Leslie is joining me or maybe we'll race to see which one of us will complete the challenge first? But I'm very excited for these books because all they sound fantastic and Leslie and I plan to read many of the 21 books in the challenge anyway...

Here's the deal: (this info I lifted from The Contemps blog)

Love to read contemporary fiction? Accept the Contemps Challenge and promise to read at least 18 of the 21 upcoming Contemps books between now and August 15, 2011. One lucky challenger will win the grand prize: ALL 21 of our books! That's like a whole bookshelf of books!

To enter:
- Participants must be at least 13 years old.
- Send an e-mail by November 15, 2010 with I ACCEPT THE CONTEMPS CHALLENGE in the subject line to: contempscontests(at)gmail(dot)com
- Start reading! Visit our Books page for the complete book list or add books to your "to read" list from our Goodreads page (books that release later in 2011 may not be available on Goodreads yet).

The books:
  1. Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
  2. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
  3. Girl Stolen by April Henry
  4. Freefall by Mindi Scott
  5. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
  6. Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
  7. Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers
  8. Trapped by Michael Northrop
  9. Rival by Sarah Bennet Wealer
  10. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
  11. Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
  12. Family by Micol Ostow
  13. Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith
  14. Pearl by Jo Knowles
  15. Saving June by Hannah Harrington
  16. The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
  17. Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
  18. Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
  19. The third book in the Carter series by Brent Crawford
  20. Sharks & Boys by Kristen Tracy
  21. Want to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman
Leslie and I will be coming back to this page and crossing-out books we've read already as well as linking our reviews if we write one for any of the books. Wish us luck! And good luck to you if you're planning to do this challenge too :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenges. I am sure you and Leslie will complete it without difficulty, and I will benefit from your participation by reaping the rewards of some terrific review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girls! I am tempted to join but I think I'll pass. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.