Leslie's Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate

lkate ARC: 452 pages
Publisher: Random House
Language: English
ISBN:
9780385738934
Source of my copy: My sister won it
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


Leslie's Review:
I was really excited to read this book (mostly because I love the cover) and had high hopes for it. But when I'd finally read it I was disappointed.
Lucinda Price, or Luce, had been sent to reform school, Sword & Cross, after being accused for her crush's death. There, she gets caught between two boys, the safe and charming Cam and the distant Daniel. Though Cam is obviously into Luce, she can't help but feel an irresistible pull to Daniel who also seems strangely familiar. Luce can't understand why but she is determined to find out more about the mysterious Daniel.

The beginning of this book was really slow, but as I continued reading, the action did pick up
. I don't know... maybe it's the plot? It just wasn't exciting to me. I love the whole star-crossed lovers/reincarnation plot idea but this book just didn't deliver. There is no rising action and it just fell flat. I don't know what else to say about this book except I'm giving it 1.5 out of 5 stars.

7 comments

  1. 1.5 star? I also heard mix reviews on this one too. While I have a copy, I havent read this one yet. SO sorry it's a let down =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I have this on my TBR shelf and hope to get to it, but now maybe not so much. I really do not like books that are slow starting and it seems you and I have similar tastes in books. Thanks for an honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer! I have this one waiting for me. Thanks for the review and your honest take :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I had really looked forward to reading this and I struggled to get to the end. The story was slow and just never grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sad that I disliked this book so much--the premise and cover had so much promise! But I agree with you--just didn't ever seem to get going. Plus, this was another case of "Oh, I'm being stalked by a mean, hot guy and that's so very sexy". Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have this one on my list. I am seeing so many mixed reviews now, I haven't hurried out to get it. The cover really grabbed me too. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.