Book I Covet: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Why I covet this book: I've seen this book on Amazon whenever I browse through yet-to-be released books but I never clicked on it because it looks like another vampire book but I finally did last night. I'm intrigued by this book--I want to see how the author incorporates Edgar Allan Poe's stories into the novel.

Blurb (taken from Simon & Schuster)
Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he'd rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can't help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.

His life depends on it.
This book comes out on August 31, 2010. For more info visit the author's website.

"Books I Covet" is a weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

13 comments

  1. I am wanting to read this one too .I love the pairing of the cheerleader and the goth guy. Interesting sparks not to mention the connection to Poe. Great Pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this book around also. I haven't been interested because of one silly thing...the guy on the cover. He is so weird looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Grace. The guy on the cover looks really creepy in a very unattractive way, which really turns me off of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick, hope you get it soon! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Grace and Simcha: LOL, yes. the creepy guy is the reason i thought it was another vampire book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books I Covet!!!! Love it! Great title!!

    I've added this book to my wishlist, because I'm a Poe fan and now I'm super curious to know more about this story.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very tempting...thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of my WoW picks as well, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of this one! I will have to add this one to my wishlist, Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like this book could be pretty cool. Could lead to some interesting exchange's with Poe's works, and any interaction with them is well worth it. Hope you enjoy it!
    -Isaac
    towerofstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, this book sounds so good! I'm excited for its release, too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the WoW, visiting my blog and commenting! I'll have to check this book out. It sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeap! That is really creep me out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.