Leslie's Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

cclare Paperback: 485 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Language: English
ISBN:
9781416955078
Source of my copy: I bought it
Synopsis (from Goodreads)
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....
Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.


Leslie's Review:
On the night Clary and her best friend Simon go to the Pandemonium Club, Clary witnesses a murder committed by three teenagers. They are called Shadowhunters--warriors who get rid of disruptive demons of the earth. From that moment on, Clary gets sucked in to the world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders (the magical folk of earth) especially since her mother disappeared and Clary was attacked by a demon. Trying to find out why the demons are so interested in a regular girl like Clary, the Shadowhunters stick close to her to find out.

This book was a great read that I read rather quickly and had me clamoring for the next book in the series. The plot was thrilling and action-packed and the characters were well-developed and had their own personalities. The writing was also great and I liked the humor and the author's use of similes, metaphors and personification for imagery. The plot was like a roller coaster ride! It was very an exciting and a fast-paced read with many thrilling moments and I liked how they all built-up to whatever happens next. It has an amazing plot with awesome characters! I especially like Jace and Clary (they are hero and heroine) and I thought their relationship was sweet and they gave each other strength and courage which made it special.

You should definitely read this book! I highly recommend it to those looking for an action-packed paranormal YA read. 4.75 out of 5 stars

6 comments

  1. I love it so much!Can't wait to read the sequels.Great review ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too. It was the best of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I've been eying this book for a while but have been undecided about getting it. Though your review makes it sound like a book I would really like so I just might go ahead and order it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie,

    Excellent review.

    I have heard that this was an exciting read, and it really does sound like a book I would enjoy. I like fast-paced plots with a mystery. Thanks for the review I will be looking into this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO need to read this, so many people have raved about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thooughts exactly! Enjoyed this one and devoured it quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.