Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why I covet this book: I loved the first two Courtney Von Dragen Smith books (Banana Splitsville and Rocky Road Trip). At the time I was reading them, I was a senior in high school and making decisions about college (same as Courtney) so I really connected with this character. These books are fun, humorous and I am so happy that after many, many years the third book in the series is finally coming out!

Blurb (taken from Harpercollins)
Courtney’s love life hasn’t exactly gone smoothly. (Smoothie, yes. Smoothly, no.) In Banana Splitsville Courtney got dumped, only to end up with a superior boyfriend—Grant Superior, that is. In Rocky Road Trip she tried to make her long-distance relationship with Grant work. (She failed.) Now Courtney’s scholarship money has disappeared and she has to transfer to a state school—the same one Grant happens to attend... Does Courtney have another shot at love? Or will Grant never forgive her for breaking his heart?

Told completely in diary entries, Courtney’s latest tale of love and confusion is hilarious, heartwarming, and the perfect romantic read to curl up with during the cold, dark nights of early winter.
This book comes out on November 23, 2010. For more info visit the author's website and Harpercollins.

"Books I Covet" is a new weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies,

    Loving the summary on this one. Sounds like it will be a hilarious read and I enjoy diary format.

    If you stop by today check out my Alison Dare pics. They are not as good as yours, but I had fun doing creating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told in diary entries? Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound very good!

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/waiting-on-wednesday-14/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a cute book though I'm not sure how I feel about books told in diary format. The only book I can think of that I really enjoyed such a non-linear narration in was The Guernsey Literary book. Bit who knows, maybe I'll give this book a try at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.