Thursday, June 10, 2010

Alison Dare's Day of Adventure

More Pictures

(click on picture for larger size)

Alison Dare at the West Maui Mountains and Iao Needle.


Kepaniwai Park's Korean Garden and playing hide and seek with Aubrey.


Alison at the lo'i (taro patch) thinking of getting some kalo (taro) to make poi.
Alison and a banyan tree.

Alison Dare is driving down Kaahumanu Avenue.
She sees Haleakala out the window as she heads to the beach.

Alison Dare at Baldwin Beach on a very windy day.

!!Contest Alert!!
Want to take your own photos with Alison Dare? You can! Submit a photo and you can win an awesome Alison Dare prize pack. It's open to everyone and ends June 30.
Go HERE for more info.

jtorresjbone jtorresjbone Paperback: 96 pages; 104 pages
Publisher: Tundra Books
Language: English
ARC ISBN:
978-0887769344; 978-0887769351
Source of our copy: From the publisher for review
Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Alison Dare: Indiana Jones meets Lara Croft in fabulous, graphic adventures.Alison Dare is not your typical twelve-year-old. She's the daughter of an archaeologist/adventurer and the masked hero known as the Blue Scarab. To top it off, she's also the niece of an international super-spy; it's no surprise that a craving for danger is in her blood! Unfortunately, her parents have locked her away at the prestigious St. Joan's Academy for Girls, hoping that this would lead to a more "normal" life for their daughter.

Michelle, Leslie and Aubrey's Chat:

Michelle: I really enjoyed reading Little Miss Adventures and Heart of the Maiden. It's been years since I've read a graphic novel and I forgot how much I enjoy it. Leslie and Aubs, isn't this your first time reading a graphic novel?

Leslie: Yup, Alison Dare is my first. I was surprised how much fun it was.

Aubrey: Me too! I read it in two days and that was really fast. I really like the pictures too. My favorite part is when there was that mummy baby.

Leslie: You mean "child" right? Alison Dare and the Mummy Child. Well, my favorite mini story is Alison Dare and the Arabian Knights. What about you, manang?

Michelle: I really liked Heart of the Maiden in book #2. It ended in a cliffhanger and I want to know what happens next. We all obviously like the stories so let's talk about the illustrations. What do you guys think?

Aubrey: I think the illustrations were really creative and they were really funny sometimes.

Leslie: I don't know... it's like different scenes from a movie. Reading graphic novels is really different from reading a regular book. Reading Alison Dare felt like watching a movie to me.

Michelle: I agree. The dialogue and the pictures match perfectly and it is like watching a movie. Who is your favorite character?

Aubrey: Dot! She's Alison's friend.

Leslie: I like Wendy. She's a lot like me. She reads and goes to the library to look up stuff.

Michelle: I love Alison. She spunky, fearless, smart, curious and a trouble maker but she's so cute!

Aubrey: Alison Dare is the greatest book ever!

Michelle: So how many stars do you give the books? I say 4.5 out of 5 for a very fun read with great, imaginative stories and characters and awesome illustrations.

Leslie: I agree with you. I highly recommend Alison Dare.

Aubrey: 5 stars!

For more on Alison Dare, check out the Tundra Books blog, J. Torres's blog and Jason Bone's blog. We want to say a big thank you to Tundra Books and Sylvia for introducing us to Alison Dare and for including us in a very fun blog tour.

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely snap shots and i love them all! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, ladies! Makes me want to visit Hawaii again. I'm glad you all liked the books, and thanks for being part of the Double Blog Dog tour.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ladies I think you will be a winner with all those great shots. I am still working on mine, but don't think I will be able to compete with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bloggers who are part of the tour aren't eligible for the contest! They've already received the books (for review) and will be getting some of the other swag that's part of the prize pack later ;)

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a really cute series of books. I'm sure my daughter would enjoy them when she is a little older. I love your joint book review.
    I tried to get my younger sister to review a couple of YA books for my site (b/c I don't read much YA) but she wasn't interested :(
    I'll have to get her to visit your blog, maybe it will inspire her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.