YA Bloggers Debut Book Battle: My Judging Results

Theis hosted by Alyssa of The Shady Glade. I was assigned to judge bracket #9:
kderting versus bfitzpatrick

I have already posted my review for The Body Finder and Hush, Hush and for those who had a chance to check them out, I think it's pretty clear which book I'm going to choose. But if you haven't, my pick is... The Body Finder!

In the end, it all came down to the romance between the two main characters, which was a big theme in both books. Violet and Jay made me go "awww" many times and these two characters were a joy to read about. I was disturbed in all the right places in TBF--the villain really creeped me out. While with Nora, well, it was her inexplicable attraction to Patch and their overall relationship that was creepy and disturbing (see my review of HH for reasons why). In some parts I even wanted to scream at Nora for all her silly actions and decisions.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed being a judge in this battle. Do let me know if you agree or disagree with my decision below if you're read the books above. I do love reading comments! :)

5 comments

  1. Awe...I know you dont really into Hush, Hush but I think you did a right choice by choosing The Body Finder. Although I find it a bit creepy..But, if you think it deserve to win your judgment, then I'll agree with you =)

    Good job, Miss Judge =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool :) I haven't read Body Finder. Maybe I should, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @darlyn LOL thanks! :)

    @juju yes! you definitely should :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of them & they're on my tbr list, but I already wanted to read The Body Finder a lot, so now I want even more ;)
    By the way, I have an award for you:
    http://my-book-obsession.blogspot.com/2010/05/bodacious-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @aleksandra yup, i recommend the body finder! and thank you for the award :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.