Wednesday, May 26, 2010

IT'S SUMMER!! Okay, not officially because there is still a teacher's work day tomorrow but after that it's two months of... well, I don't know as I only have one plan right now: READ. Here are the books that I want to get through in the next two months:
Romances

Young Adults
Two months to read all these books. I'm a bit intimidated because I'm not the fastest reader. But while this might sound like a "challenge," I'm not going to call it that. No siree, I'm not jinxing it by labeling it that because all the challenges I took on this year were all big, fat failures. Instead, I'm going to call it my summer reading GOAL: I am going to read all the books pictured above plus review books plus the books I ordered last week. Whew!! If anything, I want to read all the YA books. To help me with my goal, I listed the titles on the sidebar so that I can see my progress easily.

Also, another summer goal is NO BUYING BOOKS UNTIL SEPTEMBER. Yep, I decided this afternoon to put myself on another book buying ban and I hope this time around will turn out better than last time. The reason for this ban is my realizing I already have a ton of awesome books waiting for me and I don't need to add more just yet. I should be okay though because before today I had already pre-ordered the books coming out in the next couple of months that I desperately want so I won't be deprived of new releases. Wish me luck!!

15 comments:

  1. Good luck on the buying ban.

    You have some great books to read in the next weeks, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been considering the same buying ban for the summer. I think I can, I think I can...
    Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!I wish I can stop buying books too for a while but they are so tempting and irresistible!But I hope you can =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your goal..I couldn't put myself on a ban because if I did I would just buy twice as many in Sept..lol I do try to limit myself though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am also going to try to put myself on a book ban this summer. Except for the books I MUST have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sabrina thanks!!

    @mary LOL, you can!! good luck to you as well! :)

    @darlyn yup. i'm with you on tempting and irresistible. and you know? now that i think about it, sometimes it's more the rush of buying a book everyone is talking about because once i get the book it sits on my shelf for a long time before i finally pick it up--well, with me anyway. let's just say i have a book buying addiction lol

    @ladystorm thank you! that's what happened the last time i put myself in a ban. hoping this time it'll be better :)

    @elizabeth yes! LOL i think that's why i thought about putting myself in a ban AFTER i pre-ordered mockingjay because that's one of the books i MUST have. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, great piles of books you have! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yah? Till Sept? You go girl! *high five* I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some awesome series in your pile (Psy Changeling and IAD, among others) so there's a lot to look forward to!

    I'm trying to wean myself off buying books as well, as I want to get an ereader and it seems kind of counterproductive to keep stockpiling paper books at the same time.

    Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those towers of books look so tempting! Sounds like a fun challenge. Looking forward to the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, start with Nine Rules to break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah McLean. That was such a cute historical! I can't wait to read your thoughts on these books and GOOD LUCK!

    There's a lot of books pictured that I want to read so bad! Beastly is at the top!

    Happy Reading sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! we have five more days and I'm biting my fingernails, knowing we'll be going nuts until the last minute. I just finished Fiction for inventory, but that's IT! GAHHHHH. I think I will be going in early for the next 5 days of work until it is DONE.

    I love Kresley cole's books and hope you enjoy! I also cannot buy books (unless it's with GCs). :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck! I really want to read a Match Made in High school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that's a lot of books! Beastly is cute, and Carrie Ryan's books are some of my fave in YA. I keep meaning to read KCole's books; my friend absolutely loves them. Good luck and happy summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, I work in a school also. I was supposed to work today, but decided to put it off.

    I'm with you on the whole reading all summer thing.

    But if I don't buy books for any length of time I go into serious Withdrawals. Really. It's bad.

    Unfortunately with a school job, there isn't much money flow in the summer, but any chance I get - I buy a book (or three). Having a birthday in July helps. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.