Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why I covet this book: I love reading reunion and second chance love stories especially when the hero and heroine already married. I've also enjoyed all the Jenna Petersen books I've read in the past--I don't think this book will be an exception.

jpetersen Blurb (from the author's website)
After a lifetime of unrequited love with her arranged fiancé, Anne Danvers has finally become the Duchess of Waverly. But just a few days into her marriage, her husband vanishes. Rhys Carlisle, Duke of Waverly has spent his life knowing he was better than everyone else because of his impeccable bloodline.

But when he finds out everything he was told was a lie and he is in actually a bastard son of the late Duke of Billingham, his world is destroyed. He never expects his new wife to chase after him or demand she not be written out of his life. Nor does he expect the passion he feels for her to transform into love. But even as the two grow closer, Rhys’s dark secret looms in the distance, along with a blackmailer who could destroy any future Rhys and Anne have dared to dream.
This book comes out on August 31, 2010. Read the excerpt go HERE.

"Books I Covet" will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It's more like a "book from my wish list" sort of thing but it is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine because some of the books may still be in pre-order (but may already be published). I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you get to read it soon and then tell us all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! I'm so glad you're excited about it! I just got electronic ARCs actually. If you want one, send me an email at jenna@jennapetersen.com and I'll pop one in the mail for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! Haven't read any of her books, but now I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an awesome read. I'll be wishlisting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very tantalizing and steamy read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sound of her pursuing him when he disappears. Sounds like a romantic, steamy read! :)

    My WoW is Nightshade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.