Thursday, April 15, 2010

rrogersknight Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Language: English
ISBN:
9781402237195
Source of my copy: from the publisher Sourcebooks for review
Synopsis
Perfect for teens who love to read and those who need a companion for school assignments or summer reading programs, Read, Remember, Recommend for Teens offers more than 2400 award-winning and notable reading suggestions in many genres, cross-referenced to help parents and teens chose the right books for them.
This unique journal sold out its first print run, attracting readers with recommended lists for fiction, manga, historical fiction, romance, westerns, crime novels, and poetry, as well as nonfiction sections focusing on biography/ autobiography.
College-bound readers will find a section to help guide their reading selections. The journal also provides room to record books read, jot down thoughts and ideas, and keep track of recommendations, books to read next, and works by favorite authors.


Leslie's Review:
I love to write and when I say write I mean "paper and pencil write" not "computer typing write." I'm not much of a computer person and I don't want to join a site like Goodreads like my sister to organize my books so this journal is perfect for me. It's a great companion book in my opinion because it's very organized and helpful. But when I got it in the mail, it was nothing like I expected it to be--I was expecting a list of books and lined pages. I was right and there is that but also a lot more and way better!

I love how the different sections were labeled using tabs and I appreciate the selected quotes before each section began. These different sections helped me to keep track of my to-read books, there's room for me to jot down my thoughts on books I already read, a list of award-winning and recommended books and a great reference section of authors' websites and literary blogs. The section that is most useful for me is the "To Read" section. There, I have room to write down the books I need to read, where I could a copy of it and who might've recommended it to me. All my to-read books are there and I don't have that "what am I going to read next" feeling as much since I started listing books I want to read and I can go to this section whenever. I also love the "Journal Pages" section. This one had great outlines including a place to record what you've read, words you found you want to define and quotes from the book you might want to remember (which is cool because I never want to mark the actual book I'm reading).

I'm so glad Sourcebook was kind enough to send me a copy of this journal because I really find it useful. It also helps me write my blog reviews easier because now I have a place to write down my thoughts and remember the details in a book I'm reading. I totally recommend this journal to anyone who enjoys reading YA and is a pen/paper journal writer type like me. But even if you're not a pen/paper type this book is great anyway because it's a fantastic resource book for YA lovers because like I mentioned above, there are hundreds of books listed here as well as helpful websites and blogs and it even list and defines literary terms and all nicely organized. I think this book journal deserves 5 out of 5 stars!

You can find out more about the author Rachelle Rogers Knight on her blog. If you are not into YA there is an adult version of RRR available:
rrogersknight

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have the adult version of this on my list of "bookish" things to check out at my local bookstore, and you description made up my mind. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a neat book to have. I want one! Thanks for the review, I must go and find this book pronto!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.