Leslie's Review: Jane Slayre by Sherri Browning Erwin and Charlotte Bronte

chloerhodes Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Language: English
ISBN:
978-1439191187
Source of my copy: from Simon & Schuster for review
Synopsis
Raised by vampyre relatives, Jane grows to resent the lifestyle's effect on her upbringing. No sunlight, nighttime hours, and a diet of bloody red meat is no way for a mortal girl to live. Things change for Jane when the ghost of her uncle visits her, imparts her parents' slayer history, and charges her with the responsibility of striking out to find others of her kind and learn the slayer ways. After trying her luck at a school full of zombies, Jane finds a position as a governess, where she meets and falls in love with Mr. Rochester. But evil strikes in the form of Mr. Rochester's first wife, a violent werewolf he keeps locked in the attic. Jane departs to study the slayer tradition with her cousins, but finds herself yearning to reunite with Mr. Rochester. She returns to find that Mr. Rochester has been bitten by the werewolf, and only she can release him from his curse.


Leslie's Review:
Before I begin my review, let me first say that I don't read the English classics. They bore me and I have a hard time with the language as it's not something I'm used to. However, after reading this book I really, really want to read the original Jane Eyre. Also, this was my first "twisted classic" book and I didn't know what to expect when I first began. Anyway, to sum this book up: Jane Eyre + paranormal creatures = Jane Slayre. And wow, this book was really good!

Jane was awesome! She is brave, determined and very smart. She didn't start out that way though and I loved reading about her growth as she became a kick-ass slayer. I also liked Mr. Rochester who was strong and handsome. Together they were amazing! I loved, LOVED their romance. When the conflict came between them, they had dealt with it perfectly, in their undying love for each other, without getting too crazy and loosing their senses. My favorite part would have to be the ending with Jane and Mr. Rochester--I gave a happy sigh when I closed the book and had the biggest urge to beg my dad to drive me to the library so I could borrow Jane Eyre. This is one awesome book! 5 out of 5 stars

3 comments

  1. Jane Eyre is one of my all time favorite books. I haven't reread it lately but it is something I am going to do soon. It is not a fast read but definitely worth it.

    I also think I may just have to read Jane Slayre. Of all the "twisted" classics this one is the one that has me curious. Grea Review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never know classic could be that interesting.but my idea of classic is still rock! love the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.