Discovery of the Week: Beastly Movie and Book

It appears I'm having a reviewer's block because every time I try to write one for the last few days, I can't organize my thoughts enough to come up with a coherent review. So, I decided to start a new feature called Discovery of the Week, which will feature random book-related discoveries I made that week (if I do at all) and the posts will be similar to the one below. This idea just came to me tonight, but if you know anyone with a similar idea please let me know so I can give them credit/link them/contact them. So, here goes the first one...

I was Youtube surfing yesterday and I found this trailer:



alexflinn Umm... Okay, so I thought when the guy turned into an "ugly beast" he looked more like a really hot version of one of those body art guys from National Geographic's Taboo than ugly. But since Beauty and the Beast is my all-time favorite fairy tale and this movie is clearly a retelling of it, I took interest and looked into it some more. Lo and behold, it's based on a YA novel of the same title! Of course, now I'm more interested in the book than the movie. I'm surprise I haven't heard of the book or the author before yesterday because it appears that it came out just last year and made a bit of a splash. Anyway, I'm currently trying to decide whether to buy the book Beastly or just borrow it from the library. Thoughts? Anyone read this book--is Beastly a buy or a borrow?

5 comments

  1. I've never heard of the book but it sounds like it could be good. If I were you I would just get it out of the library, if it's available. I look forward to hearing your opinion of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book was very good, I got my copy from the library. You should read the book then you will get mad at the trailer for the movie because they are totally ruining it. He is described in the book as a beast not a tatooed dude. (It reminds me of Superman, you put glasses on him and he is Clark Kent you put a superman suit on him and take the glasses away, and give him a curl hanging on his forehead and he is Superman..but come on you can tell who he is, he looks no different!!! This guy in beastly so he has a shaved head and tattoos..hello he still looks like the rude guy at the begining!! Not a Beast!) Well that is my take on it anyway..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't read it? It is AWESOME and the beast is WAY cooler in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my review:

    http://www.talesofwhimsy.com/2009/08/beastly.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!I never know about this book!Honestly..am i the only one left behind.. *sob*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.