If you have any questions, please email us at chelleyreads AT gmail DOT com or by clicking on the "contact us" tab above and we will try our best to answer it.
To Authors and Publishers
As of February 2016, we are currently NOT accepting any books for review.
- Young Adult
- New Adult
- Romance novels
- Middle Grade (NO Pony Pals-esque books please)
- General Adult fiction with YA/NA/romance crossover appeal only
- Audiobooks (YA/NA/romance novels only)
- Physical books
- Physical ARC/Galleys
We DO NOT accept self-published books and the following genres:
- Religious fiction/non-fiction
- Christian Romance
- Romantica/Erotica with non-monogamous main characters, M/M, etc.
- Adult Graphic Novels
Unsolicited Review Books: Books we personally request or accept for review will always take precedence. We will review unsolicited books only if time permits.
- As of June 2014, we do use star rating for our reviews. However, this rating is not an end-all or be-all type of thing--our written words still speak for themselves, not the rating. Read our post about star ratings here.
- We strive to post our reviews in a timely manner--usually within 3-4 weeks after we receive the book (unless we are given a specific date to post for blog tours) but timing depends on our personal schedule.
- If we receive an ARC (advance reader copy), we try to post the review a month within (before or after) the release date. If the ARC/book is already released by the time we receive, we try to post our review 3-4 weeks after we receive it.
- Our reviews are usually 3-4 paragraphs long, honest and to the point. The focus of our reviews differ in each book but both the positive and the negative (if any) aspects in the book will be addressed.
If we cannot review your physical book at all for any reason, it will be given away either through a contest here on the blog or donated to our local public library without prior notice/email to the review requestee.
Other promotional opportunities:
We are open to author interviews, guest blogs and giveaways sponsored by the author or publisher.
However, we do not promote books we have not read unless we have read the author's other book(s) in the past and/or are genuinely excited for the book (e.g., we featured it on an "anticipated books" post).
- Barnes and Noble