Tuesday, March 23, 2010

instanttemptationPaperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Brava
Language: English
ISBN-10: 075823127X
ISBN-13: 978-0758231277
Source of my copy: the author for an honest review
Cover Image from GoodReads
Synopsis

T.J. Wilder is the perfect package of breathtaking adventure and raw sex appeal. Even better, he's about to reconnect with the one woman he's never been able to forget. . .
To Harley, the landscape around Wishful, California, is exhilarating, untamed, and more than a little dangerous. The same could be said for T.J. Wilder, who's invited himself along on her trek to study a rare coyote. Harley's career is riding on this trip, and she doesn't need a stubborn, incredibly sexy distraction. But T.J. is a professional guide who knows when to stay back and when to provide invaluable expertise--just like he's done since they were in high school. And Harley, as usual, is torn between throttling him and giving in to the raw attraction that's been smoldering all these years.
T.J. knows how proud and capable Harley is, but he's damned sure not letting her put herself at risk when there are illegal hunters in the area. She needs him, with the same soul-stirring urgency that he's always craved her. And here, in this beautiful place days from civilization, he'll finally have a chance to prove it--over and over again.


Michelle's Review:
This book being my first ARC sent to me by an author I planned on keeping it on my shelf forever and ever because I'm a sentimental sap. After I read it though this book is staying on my shelf forever and ever because I genuinely liked it and I'll be revisiting it to re-read my favorite parts.

Instant Tempation was my first Jill Shalvis book and I think she writes in a very entertaining, easy to read way. I haven't read the first two books in Ms. Shalvis's Temptation series but this book is definitely a standalone--if you'd read the previous books, the characters you know and loved from those are great secondary characters in this book. Set in a tiny but beautiful town of Wishful, this is the story of super sexy TJ and tomboy Harley.

I really liked Harley and loved her inner dialogue and of course I couldn't help but fall in love with TJ along with her. I like the banter between TJ and Harley and their back and forth flirting. There was also great sexual tension between the two but I thought the whole "will they or won't they" just got a tad bit too long and dragged the story a little. Also, I don't know if it's just the ARC but I got a bit tired of reading how damn fine and hot TJ was, which was pretty much in every other paragraph when you're reading the story through Harley's perspective but this didn't take away from the story. However, I really liked that Harley didn't hold "the incident" that happened when they were in high school against TJ and TJ in turn didn't obsess over it too much. I've read books in the past where it's centered around a past "incident" between the main characters and the story just went around in circle over that but I'm glad it didn't happen in this book. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be. I've read books published by Brava before and they were very spicy (maybe even too spicy for me) so was expecting that with this book but it has just the right amount of steam for me. This book also had great secondary characters like TJ's aunt Annie, Harley's sister Skye, and of course the other two Wilder brothers.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book and the ending left a smile on my face. Both TJ and Harley were likable, fun characters and I enjoyed their story. Now, I want to check out Stone and Cam's (TJ's brothers) books as well. It's a fun romantic comedy and perfect for a sexy weekend read. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Other books in the series:
instantattraction instantgratification instanttemptation
Instant Temptation comes out on March 30.








Note: I'm so sorry! This review accidentally got published before I was ready to publish it on the blog. I edited the content a bit to polish the review (7 hours after it was published on the blog) but I did not change the rating.

3 comments:

  1. This review makes me happy. I adore Julie James and I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed her too. All of her books are great and I can't wait to see what you think about them all.

    Great review sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it - I would prefer tension over the down and dirty any day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.