Monday, February 8, 2010

Paperback: 391 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's

Language: English
ISBN 10: 1416989412

ISBN 13: 9781416989417
Cover Image from GoodReads
Source of my copy: my sister's book that she won from Cherry Mischievous (thanks Cherry!)
Synopsis (from GoodReads)

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Leslie's Review:

Hush, Hush
was really good and it was much more suspenseful then Twilight--not that Twilight suspenseful a book but I guess what I mean to say is that Hush, Hush is a more exciting read.

Usually I skim through the book before reading it but I didn't for this book and the story's "secrets" weren't revealed to me. One of the reasons I got addicted to this book so much was the whole question of who was the bad guy in the book.

The other reason was how it was filled with uncertainty and I don't know what's going to happen next. I loved how the main character, Nora, got caught up in danger or had that feeling someone was watching her. As I kept reading, I'd get so sucked into the action that I'd have to stop reading but I didn't want to. I loved that feeling.

Now, the characters. I'll start with Patch. He's that bad boy that a good girl would find herself attracted to him because they can't help it. Patch was dangerously sexy, mysterious, but would make you feel strangely safer. He was the most exciting character in the book. Now, the most interesting character was Nora Grey. She was a good girl and I totally related to her. I can imagine how hard she tried not to get attracted to Patch. But I'm glad she got together with him because I think she and Patch balanced each other out. I liked how Patch guarded and protected Nora and they were the perfect couple.

I give this book a 4.75 stars out of 5. Although I really liked this book, it doesn't feel like five-star material for some reason.


**Disclaimer: My sister won this book from Cherry Mischievous Christmas giveaway. My review is based on my own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing and reading this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing alot about this book but the reviews have been mixed so I haven't decided yet if I should get it. But I think I've heard enough good things that I'm ready to give it a try. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.