Friday, February 5, 2010

On the spotlight today is Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione...



Larissa Ione Bio (taken from Hachette)
I began writing the way so many writers do—the moment I learned to wield a pencil. But even as a child, I didn't write "kid" stories. I preferred something more dramatic. Something that didn't include Dick, Jane, and a dog named Spot. I wanted my characters to be named Dracula and my dogs to have names like White Fang or Cujo. I'll always have my parents to thank for that. They never censored my reading material (though I suspect that if they had truly known what was between the covers of some of the books, they'd have been a little more careful,) so when other girls my age were reading Laura Ingalls Wilder and Judy Blume, I was immersing myself in Stephen King and Dean Koontz.

Later, after I'd joined the Air Force and was in dire need of something to read between shifts at the weather station, I continued to read horror, but I'd branched out into fantasy, and then, finally, romance (though I admit I went kicking and screaming to the latter.)

Turned out that I loved romance! So I started writing it, but again, my style and voice leaned toward the dark, paranormal side. Fortunately for me, paranormal romance, as a sub-genre, was booming. I let my imagination fly, and soon I'd sold a series of dark, sexy paranormal romances to Grand Central Publishing.

I still read a lot of horror, science fiction, and fantasy, and in fact, one of my all time favorite books about writing is On Writing, by my favorite childhood horror author, Stephen King. If you're an author or a reader, I highly recommend this book for an insight into an author's mind—which can sometimes be a very scary place.

Go ahead; Seduce your dark side.

Larissa can also be found on Twitter, Myspace, and on her website.

ecstasyunveiled Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: Forever
Language: English
ISBN 10: 0446556823
ISBN 13: 978-0446556828
Cover Image from Hachette
Source of my copy: Hachette Book Group
Synopsis (from GoodReads)

DEMON ENSLAVED
Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master's assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister's life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he'll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission.
AN ANGEL TEMPTED
Idess is an earthbound angel with a wild side, sworn to protect the human Lore is targeting. She's determined to thwart her wickedly handsome adversary by any means necessary-even if that means risking her vow of eternal chastity. But what begins as a simple seduction soon turns into a passion that leaves both angel and demon craving complete surrender.
Torn between duty and desire, Lore and Idess must join forces as they battle their attraction for each other. Because an enemy from the past is rising again-one hellbent on vengeance and unthinkable destruction.


Michelle's Review:
I'm not going to summarize the story because I think the synopsis kinda did an okay job of it. I had high expectations for this book and I am not disappointed. Suffices to say, this book is definitely worth the almost one year wait. Ms. Ione has again written another fast-paced, sexy, humorous and fun pulse-pounding story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and I'm happy to say it cured my of my slight reading funk.

Ecstasy Unveiled is book four in Larissa Ione's Demonica Series, which centers around demon brothers who built and work in Underground General Hospital. When I first started reading the book, I was a bit lost because it's been almost a year since I read book three of the series. I had to skim the last few chapters of Passion Unleashed to jog my memory. Ms. Ione spent little time telling the back story which I liked but others new to this series will get lost. I don't know if this book is being marketed as a stand alone because it's not. You need to read the first three books to get the back story on the other brothers and their friends who play important secondary roles in this book.

Lore and Idess were great together and their story was filled with non-stop action and romance. They were good apart and better together because they balance each other out. Lore being the big, bad assassin with a lot of baggage and Idess the good angel with a bit of a wild side who I thought was in no way weak and is equal to the previous heroines of the other books. Their chemistry is definitely there and the sex scenes were hot. This book also reaffirms that Eidolon is still my favorite of the brothers although now Lore joins Wraith as a very close second. We were also introduced to Sin in this book, Lore's twin sister and the only female Seminus in existence--the "Smurfette" of the breed according to Wraith and Tayla. She was describe as the female version of Wraith which I think is accurate from reading about her in this book (unfortunately it doesn't come out until September).

This book read like a movie and I didn't know what was going to happen next. I love how Ms. Ione can write a story fast-paced story where their is always action in every single page and humor and wit in all the right places. It doesn't let up until the last page and even then it ended in a high satisfying note though it makes you hunger for the next installment in the series. I give this book 4.75 stars out of 5.

Ecstasy Unveiled Giveaway Winners:

Brittany - brttmclv@a
KC -
Kristin.close@g
donnas - bacchus76 at m
Julie - juliecookies(at)g
SandyG265 - sgiden AT v

Congratulations!! Please email me at bookmakeupreview AT gmail DOT com within 48 hours with your shipping address (no P.O. boxes). If I do not get an email from you within that time frame, I will choose another winner to replace you. Once I get your email I will give your info to Hachette and they will be the one to ship the book to you. If you already won this book from another blog, please email anyway and let me know so I can choose another winner.

Edited to add: If you haven't read the first 3 books or want to try winning this one, try your luck at the Book Addiction and More blog. They are giving away all four of the Demonica series to one lucky reader!

I used random.org to pick the winners. Any person who commented twice with their same already mentioned entries in their previous comment, their second comment did not count and was deleted.

**Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review. My review was based on MY own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries. Any items I receive "in kind" will never be sold. They will either be kept by me, donated to the Hawaii Public Library or given away on contests on this blog.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.