Books Michelle Covets: Promise Me Tonight by Sara Lindsey & Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden

faithfulplaceWhy I want to read it: I ran across this book when I was writing my "Feb. 2" post (it was one of the books being released yesterday). I read the blurb and fell in love. It's a falling in love with his best friend's little sister story. I love that romance plot line but I realized I haven't read many. Once I can buy books again this one will be in my cart.

Blurb:

Isabella is determined to marry James…
Isabella Weston has loved James Sheffield for as long as she can remember. Her come-out ball seems the prefect chance to make him see her in a new light.

James is determined never to marry…
James is stunned to find the impish girl he once knew has blossomed into a sensual goddess. And if he remembers his lessons, goddesses always spell trouble for mortal men.

A compromise is clearly necessary.
When Izzie kisses James, her artless ardor turns to a masterful seduction that drives him mad with desire. But, no stranger to heartbreak, James is determined never to love, and thus never to lose. Can Isabella convince him that a life without love might be the biggest loss of all?


Promise Me Tonight was released on February 2, 2010. The image and blurb is from the author's website.

*******

Why I want to read it: I love a good romantic suspense novel and this one sounds darn good. I heard so many good things by Ms. Eden and once I can buy books again I'm definitely getting her Night Watch Book 1 Eternal Hunter.

Blurb:
TWO BRILLIANT AGENTS
FBI Special Agent Monica Davenport has made a career out of profiling serial killers. But getting inside the twisted minds of the cruel and the sadistic has taken its toll: She's walled herself off from the world. Yet Monica can't ignore fellow agent Luke Dante, the only man who ever broke through her defenses.

ONE DREAM TEAM
Luke has the unique ability to put victims at ease . . . professionally, he and Monica made a perfect team. Now they're reunited to catch a murderer who uses his victims' deepest, darkest fears for sport - but their investigative skills aren't enough. Luke and Monica will have to face the secrets from their past, the ones that terrify them the most, if they are to have a future together.

But can they catch a killer whose weapon is . . . deadly fear!


Deadly Fear will be released on July 27, 2010. I took the image and blurb on the author's blog.




"Books I Covet" is a new weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here.
It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. It is similar to the "Waiting On" meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. However, some of the books may already be published and others may still be in pre-order. I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date if they're available. Click on the WoW image on the left to join in!

3 comments

  1. I want to read the Sara Lindsay book so bad! I love those kinds of storylines. I'm hoping to win it at Breezing Through.

    You should check them out, they're holding a pretty awesome contest, go try your luck over there! =)

    Breezing Through

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for telling me about breezing through blog wena! they have a wonderful blog & they are now in my google reader yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for coveting my book! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.