Michelle's Review: Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
Language: English
ISBN 10: 0425218422

ISBN 13: 978-0425218426
Cover Image from FantasticFiction
Source of my copy: bought with my own money
Synopsis (from GoodReads)

Brenna, a she-wolf Psy, was abducted by a serial killer-and returned a monster. The only person who can help her is Judd, a telekinetic and Council defector. But the passion burning between them could push them both over the edge of sanity.

Michelle's Review:
I'm going to keep this short and sweet because I'm so behind on reading and reviews. This book is the third in the Psy-changeling series by Nalini Singh and it features Brenna (who was the last victim of the serial killer in book one) and Judd, a renegade Psy and very powerful Tk (telekinetic). Judd being a cold, emotionless Psy and Brenna craving touch for comfort and healing, they're very different and both are very scarred, tortured characters but in the story they heal each other and their journey makes for a very lovely reading.

For some reason, it took me a long time to finish reading this book, not because the story dragged or anything bad like that but I've been in a bit of a reading funk lately. I might have to re-read this later on because I probably missed many parts of the side story involving the ever escalating animosity between the changelings and the Psy race. There was a lot that went on with the progressing political happenings that continue to intensify as the series continue. I think you can start the series with this book and not be totally confused but to fully understand and appreciate what is happening between the Psy and changeling races, you need to at least scan through the first book.

This book gives us a glimpse of the SnowDancer wolf pack, which I thought was a nice change from the DarkRiver perspective of the first two books in the series. I also like the fact that the couple pairing this time is a female changeling and a male Psy--guess who is doing the chasing this time around? There is a lot of good sexual tension build up between Brenna and Judd here, which is a fun read and all the more made me anticipate the inevitable "explosion" between the two towards the end of the book... and what an explosion it was, complete with broken furniture.

This book is another great addition to the addicting series by Ms. Singh, who I think is a superb writer and has built a great world for her very likable characters (or unlikable as the case maybe for the "bad" guys). I'm very curious to see the fate of certain characters that were introduced in this one (the mysterious Ghost) as well as others we are slowly getting to know (like Hawke and Kaleb). I give this one 4.5 out of 5 stars.


Here are the other books in the series in order: (click on the covers for blurbs)


**Disclaimer: I bought this book with my own money. My review is based on my own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing and reading this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

1 comment

  1. I really liked this one too, and I totally understand about the reading funk. It's been really hard for me to get into anything lately, which is unfortunate considering the size of my TBR pile and review books that I've been sitting on since before Christmas. Oh well! I'm glad you enjoyed the book. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.