Friday, January 22, 2010

Favorites Friday: Our Favorite YA series

Friday, January 22, 2010 with
YA Series We Both Read & Loved
harrypottersorcerer
Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (7 books)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

gemmadoyle



Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray (3 books)

A Great and Terrible Beauty

Rebel Angels

The Sweet Far Thing





Leslie's Favorite YA Series
vampirediaries

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
(3 books & counting)

The Awakening/Struggle


The Fury/Dark Reunion

The Return: Nightfall




Michelle's Favorite YA Series

His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman

hisdarkmaterials


"Favorites Friday" is a new blog feature we will be doing on Fridays. It will list books that are particular favorites of ours. It could be books with particular plot lines (i.e., second chance at love, enemies to lovers, etc.), types of characters (vampires, werewolves) or genre. Hopefully this feature will introduce you to books that are already published or you'll rediscover an old favorite. If there is a meme similar to this, please let us know as we'd love to join.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never read any of those series much to the chagrin of some of my friends but I do watch Vampire Diaries on TV (I'm so Team Stefan!).

    I'll have to jot these titles down and maybe buy them for my daughter. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't read harry potter?! no way lol! my sister is on team stefan too but i haven't read or watched VD. not really into YA vamp books but maybe i should at least watch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Gemma Doyle trilogy (Oooh Kartik!) though it was a bit sad. :( Haven't tried The Vampire Diaries though (both the book and the TV series). I have a question, though, which would I enjoy more, the books or the show? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've never read Harry Potter. I guess it just never appealed to me but I have all of the books. Maybe my daughter will read them.

    You should definitely watch Vampire Diaries though I must warn you that the show starts off slow but if you stick with it, I promise you come to love it as much as I do. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.