About Us & Our Blog

The sisters behind the blog, Leslie and Michelle.

Michelle:
I'm 28 years old and I live in Hawaii. I graduated with my Masters degree in Library and Information Science in 2013 and my Bachelors degree in elementary education in 2009. I am currently working as a second grade teacher.

My absolute favorite books to read are fun, swoony YA contemps (the likes of My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins) and contemporary romance novels (like books by Julie James and Jill Shalvis).

When I'm not reading, I'm binge watching shows on Netflix or Hulu.

Leslie:
My name is Leslie and I'm 19 years old. I'm currently at university. My favorite genre to read is YA.

Three non-bookish things about me: I am part of my church's choir; I am double majoring in Accounting and English; and one of my favorite shows is Outlander.

Why is the url "booksandmakeup"?
I [Michelle] started blogging on September 2009. I just graduated college that May and was job hunting with very little luck. I began my blog to keep my mind off the fact that none of the places that I interviewed at were calling. That was also around the time I discovered how-to makeup videos on YouTube. I started blogging with an intention to review beauty products and books, hence our url is "booksandmakeup." But reviewing beauty products wasn't as fun as reviewing books, so the whole makeup idea was dropped. Then, a month later I got my then 13-year-old sister Leslie to review a young adult book she was reading because I wasn't reading as much (I found a job!). I somehow talked Leslie into becoming my official blog partner and that's how we became Michelle and Leslie's Book Picks.

What can you expect on Undeniably Book Nerdy?
LOTS of book-related posts: book reviews, author interviews/guest posts, book excerpts, book lists and recommendations, giveaways, books we covet, new additions to our bookshelves, raves and rants, and some personal life updates here and there.

Our Star Rating System


Grab Our Button
Undeniably Book Nerdy

Our blog was quoted in The Duke's Perfect Wife (4/2012) and The Seduction of Elliot McBride (12/2012) by Jennifer Ashley. Cool beans!

7 comments

  1. What a great blog and run by sisters? That's awesome. I like the look of your blog so I'll be coming around, I'm totally going to add you guys to my Google Reader.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rowena thank you! that means a lot because i'm a big fan of book binge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha *waving*!!

    What a great team you both have going on!!! It is great to meet fellow Hawaii resident bloggers!!=)


    Take care!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greek? OMG I thought I was the only one in my 20s watching that!! I love it!!! Well, I love teen dramas!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! Yah for sister bloggers! I wish my sister liked reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your blog! I found it while looking for author guest posts..and it was the second google image online! Congrats:)
    I run a blog with a similar title to yours - hope you can check it out sometime. I will definitely be clicking back to your pages. Thanks for the great reviews and posts. Love the artwork and challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you remind me a lot of myself! I'm 22, graduated with my bachelor degree in 2009. I love to read, but never really had time because of school. I was job hunting for months and had all this unfamiliar free time so I started reading... a lot! haha anyways, I have a 16 year old sister who also loves to read. I tried to persuade her into writing reviews with me, but she hasn't agreed yet.

    I also found a job last year so I don't have as much time to read anymore. Sorry to ramble so much. Love your blog and I'm so jealous that you live in Hawaii!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.