Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hardcover: 281 pages
Publisher: Warner Books
Language: English
ASIN: B000071K5L

Cover Image from: With Good Reason
Source of my copy: birthday present from my sister
Synopsis: (GoodReads)

Harper Lee's Pulitzer Prize-winning masterwork of honor and injustice in the deep South -- and the heroism of one man in the face of blind and violent hatred.

One of the best-loved stories of all time,
To Kill a Mockingbird has been translated into more than forty languages, sold more than thirty million copies worldwide, served as the basis of an enormously popular motion picture, and was voted one of the best novels of the twentieth century by librarians across the country. A gripping, heart-wrenching, and wholly remarkable tale of coming-of-age in a South poisoned by virulent prejudice, it views a world of great beauty and savage inequities through the eyes of a young girl, as her father -- a crusading local lawyer -- risks everything to defend a black man unjustly accused of a terrible crime.

Leslie's Review:
This book was a birthday gift from my sister (along with two lip glosses and the Glee CD soundtrack!). It was totally awesome that I would've put it in my all-time favorite books list if I had finished it by then.

This book was humorous, sympathetic, lovely, realistic and cute (especially the ending). The ending of this book was probably one of those satisfying ending I've read. It was surprising (when Boo Radley was revealed and you learn more about), a relief (when the news of Bob Ewell's death was announced because they didn't have to worry about him anymore), and cute (when Scout falls asleep when Atticus reads her a story then Scout tries to convince him she was listening). Because of all that, in the end, I closed it with a satisfying sigh.

I'm glad m sister got me this book (thanks, sis!) and, like her, I'm a fan of it. So, I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

(Michelle: I think she completely missed the point about the significance of this book and all its deeper meanings. But I must remember she just turned 13. I'm going to have her re-read it again when she's a little older and hopefully she'll be able to glean something from it other than how cute it is, LOL.)


**Disclaimer: My sister gave me this book for my birthday. My review was based on MY own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing and reading this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

1 comment:

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.