Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0439023483

ISBN-13: 978-0439023481
Cover Image from: Suzanne Collins' website
Source of my copy: Borrowed from my local public library
Synopsis: (from GoodReads)
Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Katniss' sister is chosen by lottery, she steps up to go in her place.


Leslie's Review:
Now, here's my review of The Hunger Games (but I think it'll pretty much have the same idea as my sister's review).

This book was full of action, suspense and romance and it achieved the goal of blending each element together throughout the story. The action coming from Katniss trying to stay alive and the suspense beig if she does survive the game. I think the romance between Katniss and her district's boy tribute, Peeta Mellark, was really cute. I think she cares about Peeta but was confused about her feelings for Gale, who was her hunting buddy and best friend as well. I think it's going to be like a love triangle thing in the next book and I can't wait to see how that will turn out (my sister and I want her to end up with Peeta). I really liked how the author wrote the story. She really did well on blending the elements of action, violence, suspense, and romance.

Sorry, it's really hard to explain why I like about this book. It's like explaining why the Harry Potter series were so great--words are just not enough. Just know I give this book 5 out of 5 stars, which speaks for itself.

See my sister's review here.


**Disclaimer: I borrowed this book from my local library. My review was based on MY own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing and reading this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

2 comments:

  1. Woo! Definitely have to read this as my friend is reading it right at this moment, haha. She's loving it as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.