Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking Back 2009 and Happy New Year everyone!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009 with
Labels:
It's still about 11 hours away until the new year in my part of the world, so I'm going to take this time to reflect back on all that's happened 2009. A lot of significant firsts, lasts and everything in between happened to me in 2009 and I sincerely hope 2010 will be just as memorable!

Personal life:
-I finished my last semester as an undergrad
-I did my student teaching in my last semester of college
-I graduated with a B. Ed.
-I got my teaching license and became a certified teacher
-I'm back home and living with my parents again
-I finally got off the "rock" and went to mainland USA for the first time (visited DC, PA, NY, NJ)
-I got my first real steady job

Blog:
I started my book blog in September 2009, with the idea of doing both book and makeup reviews but the whole makeup review thing became too much of a chore and I found book reviews are a whole lot more fun to write. Books have always been my first love, so I abandoned makeup and focused solely on books. I also got my little sister (she reads as much as I do and have a lot more free time) to doing reviews, and that lightened the "burden" a bit as with my full time job I wasn't reading as much as I could. I'm still finding my niche, but I really like having a book blog and sharing my thoughts.

I'm not going to make resolutions or anything like that (because I suck as keeping them), but I will make some vague goals for the blog. In the year 2009, I was able to post at least 4 to 5 reviews a month, participate in BBAW, host a small giveaway, sign-up for book challenges for 2010, and do some semi-regular post like "Midnight Confession" and "Books I Covet." In 2010, I'm hoping to find enough time to do consistent, regular posts and participate in weekly memes. Right now, I'm planning to do a giveaway in January, review Graceling (Leslie will continue to review other YA books as well) and of course more romance book reviews. When I first started blogging, I was adamant about not doing any publisher/author-sponsored reviews (I wasn't sure I had time to read a book within a time frame and also with all the FTC hullabaloo) but I think I'm going to try participating in blog tours later on in the year (I just figured out how to sign up for them!) and I'm really excited about that.

Thank you so much to everyone who followed, took time to comment and visited our blog [semi-inconsistent] little blog--you all don't know how happy we are every time we get a new follower, read a new comment and the visitor counter number go up at the bottom of our blog. A lot to look forward to in the coming year and we can't wait to see what it'll bring up!

fireworks

Have a happy New Year's Eve everyone!!

Leslie and I wish you all the very best wishes for your happiness and good health in the year 2010!!

2 comments:

  1. YEA! For all of your accomplishments. Good job Michelle! Happy 2010 and my good things come your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.