Books I Covet: Paranormal Edition

Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione (Release Date: 1/26/2010)

DEMON ENSLAVED
Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master's assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister's life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he'll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission.

AN ANGEL TEMPTED
Idess is an earthbound angel with a wild side, sworn to protect the human Lore is targeting. She's determined to thwart her wickedly handsome adversary by any means necessary-even if that means risking her vow of eternal chastity. But what begins as a simple seduction soon turns into a passion that leaves both angel and demon craving complete surrender.
Torn between duty and desire, Lore and Idess must join forces as they battle their attraction for each other. Because an enemy from the past is rising again-one hellbent on vengeance and unthinkable destruction.

**After I finally gave up on Sherrilyn Kenyon (I wasn't that fond of her writing and her characters were too immature for my taste) and I stopped reading J.R. Ward (her books got too "busy" and confusing with too many side plots and became too urban with not enough romance), I needed a new paranormal series to get into. I found Larissa Ione's Demonica series just in time... I read the first three books in quick succession and I've been eagerly anticipating this one since then. The Demonica series is a must read for all paranormal romance lovers IMHO.

Rion by Susan Kearney (Release Date: 11/24/2009)

POWER IN THEIR PASSION

Marisa Rourke is a beautiful, fearless telepath who tames dragonshapers on Earth. Rion is a tall, dark, and sexy space explorer whose home planet is a galaxy away. The attraction between them is undeniable, but Rion is hiding a desperate secret that will change Marisa's life forever.

DANGER IN THEIR TOUCH
Marisa's gift is the only way Rion can communicate with his people, enslaved by a powerful enemy. He knows that kidnapping her is wrong, but saving his planet is worth sparking the fiery clairvoyant's fury. Yet hotter-and more explosive-is the psychic bond growing between Marisa and Rion. Could their passion be the key to freeing Rion's people? Only if he and Marisa can discover how to channel their desire . . . before a vicious enemy destroys them all.

**This might be a little premature as I haven't read the first book yet, but I've read a ton of reviews about Lucan (the first book in the Pendragon series; Rion is the second book) after I found out I won this book in a giveaway. I've never really read anything futuristic before and the whole dragon thing is different from all the other paranormal books I've read, so I can't wait to see what this series is all about.

Skin Tight by Ava Gray (Release Date: 6/1/2010)

Uncovering the truth is her specialty
As a forensic accountant, Mia Sauter could usually tell when people had something to hide. She made her living exposing secrets while concealing her own. Then, in Vegas, she met a clever, ruthless man who called himself Addison Foster. One year later, she’s still haunted by his betrayal.

He’s a natural born liar
The truth of him had long ago been buried. Foster was only one name of many; he’d been so many men, he’d lost count. Reinvented as Thomas Strong and hell-bent on revenge, his mission is about to be compromised by the one woman capable of exposing him…

Reunited, they confront the explosive chemistry still crackling between them. But their chance meeting will have consequences, for a ruthless madman has his own deadly agenda. The question is—if they survive the fallout, will he choose love over vengeance?

**Like with Rion, this might be a little premature as I haven't read Skin Game yet (according to the author all the "skin" books are stand alone but I'm thinking Skin Tight is a sort of sequel to SG), but it's gotten great reviews on Amazon. I was just over the author's website and it's said that her books are a cross between Linda Howard (one of my favorite romantic suspense authors) and Anne Stuart, so I know I'm going to love it (cross fingers). I also love the plot line of ST and I would buy it anyway if I haven't heard about SG first.

**********

"Books I Covet" is a new weekly or bi-weekly blog post series I am going to be doing here. It will feature books I am very excited about reading and plan on buying/borrowing in the near future. The books may already be published or still in pre-order and I will include the books' blurb, cover art, and/or release date. As with everything else in my blog, I will also include my little book spiel about why I want to read it, how I found out about it, etc.

1 comment

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.