Friday, November 27, 2009

Book Review: Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

Friday, November 27, 2009 with
Image from FantasticFiction

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

Tally’s dream of being a pretty finally comes true. Her life is perfect now—she’s popular, has a cute boyfriend, invited to awesome parties, and was pretty much living the life that she’d only dreamed of when she was an ugly. But one night, an old friend from the Smoke comes and gives Tally a letter she had written to herself that reminded her what’s wrong with pretty life. Tally’s biggest obstacle then became fending off Special Circumstances (the police in Tally’s world) after her pretty friends had betrayed her and destroying the lesions in her brain that brainwashed her into forgetting what happened in Smoke (a place where Uglies go to rebel against becoming a pretty).

This book’s pacing went faster than Uglies but maybe too fast? My one complaint about this book was that it felt a bit rushed. Other than that, I liked this book more than the first one because it had a lot more action going on. I love the twists the author throws in Tally’s plans. It made the story more interesting and had me kept reading to see what the character was going to do next. This book also had a cliffhanger ending that left me very eager for the next book so expect my review of the third book in the series (Specials) soon!

I'm giving this book 4.5 stars.

**Reviewed by Leslie**

FYI: Pretties is the sequel to Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies and is the second book in a four-part series. Here are the others:










Images from FantasticFiction




**Disclaimer: This book was borrowed from our local public library. My review was based on MY own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

2 comments:

  1. I loved Uglies and definitely want to read Pretties when I get a chance. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is leslie:

    you're welcome and thank you for reading my review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.